Buying ammo in California

woodturner

I have not hunting in California since they went to the non-lead ammo.
I am in the process of trying to purchase non-lead ammo.
I have not purchased a gun of any sort in over 20 years.
I was told that I needed to register a gun with CFARs.
Yesterday, I did so. Paid the $19.

What happens next?
Do I just have to wait for my background check?
Will registering a gun get my background check going?
Do I go to an ammo dealer and start another form?
How does this all work?

The CFARs website is not specific and is in pretty much legalize. I can read it, but it does not address the question of what needs to get done in what order. Any help out there?
Thanks

I wish I could offer some legit advice. I'm kind of blown away by your experience though. A person has to register a firearm with the state prior to purchasing ammo if they have no recent firearm purchase history? I've bought a gun or two in California over the past few years, so I'm not familiar with this requirement. Sounds like another way to chip away at our freedoms and get a little revenue at the same time.

CFARS is a joke. Make sure your DL matches exactly what CFARS has on file or you will be denied when purchasing ammunition.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom