Buying a Pickup

lve2143

Very Active Member
I haven't bought a new pickup in 25 years.
I'd like to go with a Chevy, but could go other.

Can you still get no carpet with rubber bottom?

Looking for long wheel base, single cab, 4x4

Any ideas ??

Get a DIRTY-MAX if going Chevy!

Thank Obama for that Low Slung Obama Juice Tank that wouldn't Last 5 Minutes Off-Road in Rough Conditions!

Get all the LUXURIES Larro including Carpet!:D

Highly Consider a 4 Door for more Room!

65K-70K oughta cover it!:D

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

I've had a couple new GMC's. First one was great, quality dipped significantly with the 2nd.

I currently have a 2010 Tundra.

It's been a great truck, better built than the GMC.

Only things I don't like are, the back seat is way small. No room for an adult. And they have anti-skid, traction control bullsh!t built in. Can be a pain in the a$$ on snow. The Auto 4 wheel drive on the GMC's is superior. Wish Toyota would copy that design.

I have looked at the new Ford Eco-boost. Pretty impressive trucks. Awesome back seats, lots of power, well thought out interior. I was actually in the market to get a new truck and was leaning heavily towards the Ford. But I decided against having a truck payment.

I used to be prejudiced against anything that wasn't Chevy/GMC. But after having a few trucks and seeing what other buddies drive, they're all pretty darn good. Other than Dodge. Dodges suck.

SMUT must have Inhaled without a choice?

Yup,He'd Hate Dodges!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

The last time I bought a truck (2003) I tried to buy one with no carpet. Not available that I could find, but I didn't look at them all. I didn't want power windows or air either. They all had air conditioning but I got one with crank windows. I wanted wing windows too but they just laughed at me.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I got a 2013 HD 2500 chevy crew cab , rubber floor mats, with lots of options, all stock, carpet sucks, i call it the mud and blood package, and it as gas rig, 6 liter, pulls 13,000 lbs, with no juice tank to pop. best rig i have ever owned.

Not sure what you need or want Laro.....Single cab long bed could be a 1/2....3/4.... or 1 ton? I couldn't get over paying 60k for a diesel just to pull a trailer every other weekend so I decided on two trucks....bought a used 06 ford f-250, single cab 4x4, v10/ six speed with 100k miles at an auction for $6500. Runs great, gets chitty mpg's but I only drive it about 200 miles a month.

My daily run around pickup is a 2011 toyota tacoma extended cab 4x4 with the 4 banger and manual tranny. Gets great mileage, comfy and quiet. I like the idea of having a heavy duty beater and a nicer run around rig ....seems like they both will last longer and I always have a back up.....JMO.

Yes, Chevrolet still has a regular cab, 8 ft bed, with vinyl floor. 1/2 ton.

V-6 or V-8.

You probably won't see many of these on the new car lots. They usually load everything up.

I'm sure you could get a 3/4 or ton one also. Don't think the 1/2 ton comes in a diesel.

The big three all have what they basically call a "work truck". They are bare bones trucks but do have some good options. My GMC has rubber floor mats, no power door locks or windows, but does have things like tilt, cruise and air. I'd talk to your local dealers fleet manager. Might find a leftover for a good deal. I bought mine lightly used, an ex Idaho F&G truck that wasn't used by a Warden. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-14 AT 05:28PM (MST)[p]WV Hunter,

Would I be better off ordering what I want ?

Just saw your post MM. Thanks.

I hate buying vehicles

+1 on ordering thay bad boy. It will be difficult to find what your looking to purchase on a lot. When you order it, you can choose motor, options, no carpet, radio, COLOR etc. you pick something perfect for you. Been so long, pamper yourself a bit. As long as your not in a big hurry, get something in motion. You can find your better deals towards the end of the month. Dealers like to push their stats so they get a better end of the month commission.

Good Luck with choosing your new hunting ride. :)

))))---------->

I have always thought you could get a better deal if the truck was on the lot. They want to move what they have. But if you can't find one there isn't anything wrong with ordering one.

Around here a lot may have 200 trucks and only one or two may be "work trucks". They want to sell $60,000 trucks not $30,000 ones.

I think about all the manufacturers make a basic truck. These come pretty plain so if order one you can customize it a little. It may not have power door locks, cruise control, CD player or power windows.

The thing you can't get in a 1/2 ton pick up is a standard transmission.

Do what kilo does and use a rickshaw. Emissions from the incense stick are lower than any footprint on the market.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom