Buying a camper...

J

jsturgio

I am seriously considering buying a new camper in the next few weeks. When I first went to the dealer in town to look at some campers I found one that I really like. The sales guy gave me a price on the lot of $30,100. After I got home I did some looking online and prices for the same camper were all over the place from $22,995 to $34,000. I would like some input from some guys with experience as to how much I should offer without being unrealistic. I know that alot depends on options and things but everything I found seemed to be similarly equipped. The mark-up on those seems to be huge. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I just bought a 40ft raptor velocity. sticker on it was $90,000. They had it marked down to $78,000 for a summer sale. I instantly got on my phone and googled that exact camper. I found the same one for sale just outside of Boise Idaho. I told the salesman that I would give him $65,000 for the trailer or I was leaving and wouldn't come back. He drew up the paperwork and I left with that trailer the next day. If you show them the internet search showing you can buy it for cheaper and convince them you will travel to get a better deal most of the time they will come way off their price. I bought my last 3 trailers like this. offer the best price you find on the internet and stick to your guns. You will save a ton cuz they ARE marked up that much.

Get a quote in writing from one dealership and then take that quote to another dealership.....play them against eachother. Show them what the other dealership will do for you and see if they'll beat it.

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom