Butterfield canyon

U

utelkhntr

Is it legal anywhere to hunt turkeys up butterfield canyon. I have heard several people say it is and several people say it's not and there isn't anything in the proclamation. If it is legal where up there?

Most of that canyon is private . Kennecott on the North side , and various old sheep herder familes on the south side . I think your asking for trouble unless you can get permission to hunt the South side .

On a side note I kind of question how the turkeys are doing in that area as of late . I ride in Yellow fork and Water canyon during the summer and fall months , and last year I never even saw a turkey . Compared to other years when those things where thick and all over the place . Over the last couple of years I have watched the numbers dwindle . Maybe they have went back to the West side in Main Canyon ?

Look on a BLM map for ownership. It will identify blm, forest service, private, indian, state lands and more.

If you have questions regarding the private, identify the township, range, and section and go get a plat map of that township range and section from the County Recorder.

The plat map will identify all the ownership boundaries.

At this point, you don't have to go on what anyone has told you, as you will know the ownership boundaries as well as anyone.

If you want to reference the t, r & s with an aerial photo I use mapcard.com. They give a few trials and its $20/year if you need it more.

I made up some maps for a place we hunt last year. A neighboring land owner tried to kick my father-in-law off some public land. He was able to say with confidence to the guy "you haven't looked at a map of your boundaries have you." The guy admitted he didn't know the boundaries exactly and it was over.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom