Butter-baked Peaches and Blueberry Cobbler

Blank

Long Time Member
Those darn kitchen mice ate up all my apple pie, and I was missing having dessert. My sweet wife said make something fruity, so I found a big bag of Freestone peaches, and some big blueberries in the freezer, and made a cobbler. Very basic, and just layer it in the pan, with a brown sugar top. By letting it rise to cover the fruit as it cooks, you get those awesome chewy crusts..... Warm, and a scoop of ice cream hit the spot!!!

08A8A196-EABA-48F2-9EB3-5F93E9A3F3B3_1_201_a.jpeg

068AB98B-D15B-43C5-BA36-C1C16B68A158_1_201_a.jpeg

67E76909-27AC-424C-9341-23C7FEA88BD5_1_201_a.jpeg

B55C4EA2-1B75-44FB-B3A9-428C62BD522A_1_201_a.jpeg

Those darn kitchen mice ate up all my apple pie, and I was missing having dessert. My sweet wife said make something fruity, so I found a big bag of Freestone peaches, and some big blueberries in the freezer, and made a cobbler. Very basic, and just layer it in the pan, with a brown sugar top. By letting it rise to cover the fruit as it cooks, you get those awesome chewy crusts..... Warm, and a scoop of ice cream hit the spot!!!

View attachment 62364

View attachment 62365

View attachment 62366

View attachment 62367
Never used the brown sugar, gonna try that. My wife makes it with black berries. Oh my!

This is an easy no-brainer that I use for both home and Dutch oven. Works in 10"x10" or 9x13" pans, or 10"-12" Dutch oven.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut up 3/4 cup (about 1 1/2 sticks) of butter in pan, put in oven for 5 minutes and melt

Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add in 1 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well and it will be a little thin, for pouring.

Pour the mixture over the butter evenly. The butter will have coated the bottom and rise up the sides as the batter goes in. DO NOT MIX.

MIX 3 cups fresh peaches and 1 cup fresh blueberries with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and coat evenly. Blot excess liquid off with paper towel.

Layer evenly on top of batter. DO NOT MIX!!

* If using frozen fruit, thaw and dry the peaches. Leave the blueberries frozen, so it doesn't get syrupy and turn the whole cobbler blue.

Coat evenly with 1/2 cup of brown sugar.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden. The batter will rise, and the fruit layer will sink, and it will end up making a sugar coated bread topping.

Allow to cool 10-15 minutes, it will be really hot!!

Serve warm with ice cream

I get a call about twice a year to cook a Dutch oven cobbler for community dinners. It’s like bringing a hind quarter into a hyena gathering.

I have learned to put one of these into the Dutch oven, Sticky fruit dripped are a pain in the butt to clean up.

964D2BE6-B8DA-4AA7-BF98-13FF9E051459.jpeg

Yes, I heartily agree. I have them for my 12", but usually only Cabelas has them for the 10". I hate trying to shop for anything in Cabelas!!!

Never seen a 16" foil liner, but have seen the 20" parchment liners used and wrapped up the sides for cakes and other bakes

Thanks, worth a try next time I get volunteered to make a big cobbler Peaches and mixed berries are my favorite filling

Never seen a 16" foil liner, but have seen the 20" parchment liners used and wrapped up the sides for cakes and other bakes
I haven’t either Trix, but I have never looked either. You might give the Camp Chef folks a call. Not near as many people have 16” Dutch ovens so there may not be much demand for that size.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom