Bushnell Fusion 1600 Rangefinder Binoculars

B

bucklover

I know this is not the Optics section but a few of us would like to know if anyone out there has looked at/bought/used, these binoculars. If they get a good review, they are a pretty sweet deal at $899.00. Please feel free to answer on the Optics section. This section just gets a lot more hits. Thanks in advance.

Now that is funny HunterHarry.

For that amount of $ I think I would be getting the new Leica CRF 1600 range finder. It is only $800 through Cameraland and does some incredible things.

I wrote in the other section. You give up some light transmission when you put the laser safe coatings on to combo the rangefinder/binocular...even the high dollar German combo ones are not as good as their comparable straight binoculars.

On the other hand, I have enough stuff on my belt, the backpack waist strap can't take any more...So my rangefinder usually stays in the truck or in my pack...and not ready for quick use. The combo eliminates that.

Since I carry a small spotter anyway (I'll leave the rangefinder in the truck when paring down way before the spotter/tripod), I feel that the combo binocular/rangefinder is the way to go, used the Fusion's this year, and they are good enough optically for me, a better comprimise than the rangefinder in the truck:) I still picked up more deer first, and don't think the light loss would make more than a minute or two difference in hunting time...

As long as you realize it's all about tradeoffs, you will be happy with the Fusion, it is the best value by far. And they are rugged...

Bought a pair this year. Plenty clear for me. Ranged things up to 1700+ yards. The only drawback is the brightness of the target in really bright situations and on a light surface. I can't even think about going back to carrying a stand alone rangefiner. A good binosystem puts everything you need right where you need it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I've been "patiently" waiting for responses. I need to go look through a pair. Only problem is my wife will think I'm nuts if I buy another pair of binos.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom