Bushnell Elite Bino's

SLIVER

Very Active Member
What is up with these bino's?? I have noticed that sportsmans and cabelas have stopped carying these. I thought that these were compareable to swaro's?? I guess something was up if all the retailer's have stopped carying them huh?

You guys heard anything?

}}-SLIVER-->

I saw them at Sportsman Warehouse in Littleton, CO. last night for $519 on closeout. They appear to be awesome glass and pretty light weight. I think the problem that they had was changing people perception of the Busnell brand.

So if I could get a pair of 10x43's brand new for around
$400-450 do you think that I should jump on it??

}}-SLIVER-->

Don't know what you did if anything on this yet. I am new to the board and scanning old posts to reply to.

I owned the Elites for two years and they were fantastic! Great low light and very lightweight at 23 oz. I also owned the 1500 with arc. They were a great match together. The only reason I got rid of mine was becasue I was offered a brand new set of Swarovski EL's for both of my Bushy products. I jumped on it since I paid less than $1400 for both and the Sawros retailed at nearly 2G's.

I know the local Bushy rep and he told me that they and Leupold are just not able to compete in the $1000 market for Binocs and that is why you can get the Lewy HD's and Elites for anywhere around $500-800 depending on where you look. This is why Bushy is pushing the new lesser elites and Excursion EX (Which in no way compare the high end Elites). Lewy is pushing the new Mojave which ios actually a pretty nice set of glass for just over 4 C notes, but still not comprable to the high end Elites.

I would not hesitiate to pick up another set of 10x42 Elites as a backup. Great optics, very nice case and pretty good customer service.

Good Luck

Porter

Thanks Porter, I ended up buying the elite's for $500.00. I was able to use them on a sheep hunt and I am impressed thus far. They are a step above the wind river's that I use to have that's for sure.

I'm excited to use them this upcoming shed season.

Thanks again.

}}-SLIVER-->

If you are interested in a doubler for the elite let me know. It cost $250 but honestly I'd basically give it you for free if you want. Just a few bucks, not much at all. You let me know if interested and set a price and its yours. It is just sitting in a top drawer playing lonesome next to the .357 and ammo.

Cool, I'll take a look at them and see if it's something I'm interested in.

Thanks man.

}}-SLIVER-->

I have looked through the 2.5 doubler and was pretty impressed! If you don't jump on this I will!

Still sitting there guys, make me an offer I can't refuse! I live in Pleasant Grove if you want to try it out. No pressure.

porter, I sent ya a pm

COLO3D: I just dropped some cash on optic's and am kinda broke at the moment. You can have dibbs on it if you want. It looks really cool though.
If you don't pick it up, maybe I'll pony up some $$. Let me know.

}}-SLIVER-->

As far as I know the doubler works just fine on the E2's. It worked on the Legend as well as the original elites. If you are local you are more than welcome to come and try it out.

How much do you want for them? I want to buy them from you. Send me a pm with price and address and I will ship out some funds. Adam

All I have is the doubler, I didn't know if that is what you wanted or not since you were using the plural. The doubler just slips on over the objective.

I tested the Bushnell Elite 10x42s. I thought the glass was pretty good. Better than the Nikon Monarchs but not as good as the Swaro EL/SLCNew, Leica Ultra/HD, Zeiss FL, or Nikon EDG products. My issue with them was the overall quality and fit/finish. It was inferior to the very optically comparable Pentax DCF EDs or Vortex Razors.

In that price range, the Vortex is very good and probably gets the nod from me because of the comprehensive warranty and customer service.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom