Bushnell Elite 10X43

K

Knockmdead

I just picked up a brand new in a sealed box pair of Bushnell Elite 10X43 Binos from Sportsmans, got them on a great sale for $519.00 plus a $100 mail in rebate from Bushnell. Just wondering, did I get a great deal?

Sportsmans was selling them for $999.99 and Bushnell says that the MSRP on them is $1499.00, I paid $419. Are they that good of glass that they can be in the $1000 price range.

Just wondering how good of deal I got.

Jeff

Yes, they are $1000 class binos.

I bought a pair last year for backpacking because my Leica 10x50's are just getting too heavy.

How do they compare to the Leica's.

The field of view on the elite is not as good but no other 10x bino is either.

They are I would estimate 95% as sharp as the Leica's.

The Leicas focus on objects near and far in the view is slightly better.

Most surprisingly is how bright they are, I can barely tell a difference in brightness and this is comparing a 43mm to a 50mm.

Keep in mind that some years back ?Bausch & Lomb? acquired Bushnell. They (B&L) decided the Bushnell name was better known among the outdoor sports community, so they renamed all of their Bausch & Lomb sporting optics ?Bushnell?. Basically, all of the Bushnell ?Elite? line is the same as the older Bausch & Lomb.
This is a world class optics company. They don't just manufacture binoculars and sunglasses, this company makes laser beams, optical surgery equipment, back in WW II who do you think made the famous ?Nordan? Bomb site ?
They defiantly have the know how to make top notch optics, and the Elite line is their best products.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom