Bushnel 1600 ARC

sniper14

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or used this binocular range finder combo. Is it worth getting. They are going for &700-800 is it worth it, or is it better to have binoculars and a seperate range finder Any reviews or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I think you're money would be better spent on the Leica..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Leica is the way to go if you have the $$$. The Bushnels do work well for the price, I have not had any issues.

The Leicas are only a range finder bino no angle compensation.
You can pick up a pair of 10x 42s in the 2499.00 area.
Swarovski just came out with a range finder binos. There have what they call "SWARO-AIM" . Which does compensate for angle. I have heard the will cost in the 3300.00 area for 10x42.But I have not seen a pair as of yet.
Zeiss has one out and it is programable. I look threw a pair hunting this year but just for a few moments.About the same price as the Devorvskis.
Dont let the wife find out ! Or leave them on the bumper of your truck ;-) Just sayen :p

I have used the Bushnell's for two seasons... Yes, they are not as bright optically as the Leica's. My buddy on my AZ elk hunt last year had the Leica's. We compared both side by side in the field. I can glass through the Bushnell's all day without getting eyestrain. I really doubt that the optical difference would cause you to miss a buck or bull. The rangefinder on the Bushnell is top notch. I guess it all depends on your financial situation, but I'm not a bit disappointed.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-11 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]I owned a pair for about a week. The rangefinder worked surprisingly well, but I was not at all impressed with the glass. IMO, you're basically getting a $400.00 rangefinder and a $200.00 pair of binos. I love the convenience of a combined unit, but I use my binos way more than the rangefinder and there's no way I could spend any extended amount of time behind the Bushnell Fusion ARC's without getting a headache.

If Bushnell could bring the level of the glass up to their Elite series binos, they might have something. But until then, I think a person would be better served with separate binos and rangefinder, maybe something along the lines of a Zen-Ray ED3 and a used Leica 1200 LRF or Bushnell 1500 Elite.

I looked at them in sportsmans, took them outside and looked aorund outside. they were absolutly terrible.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom