Burros

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Breakfast Burritos.
Slab Bacon cooked in big chunks in the oven. Golden Potato Hash Browns, Fresh scrambled eggs, Colby Jack Cheese, Taco Sauce.
20240907_080649.jpg

20240907_080652.jpg

20240907_080655.jpg

Our Hatch Chilis are ready to harvest. First time we have grown them. How do you make yours ?
I’ll have to post the recipe when I get back in a couple days.

We used to grow our own, but I drink too many beers when I roast them :) and it doesn’t make much sense when we can buy them off the roaster at Walmart or one of the grocery stores.

This year we did 30 pounds of these guys “hatch” chilis (from either Luna or Dona Ana county). The extra hot really are.:oops:
IMG_3566.jpeg

I’ll have to post the recipe when I get back in a couple days.

We used to grow our own, but I drink too many beers when I roast them :) and it doesn’t make much sense when we can buy them off the roaster at Walmart or one of the grocery stores.

This year we did 30 pounds of these guys “hatch” chilis (from either Luna or Dona Ana county). The extra hot really are.:oops:View attachment 157018
Nothing equates to the smell of green chile being roasted, never done the roasting myself so drinking beer never hampered my end result. I usually by 2 40# bags from Lemitar but found a small grower near Tome this year and the flavor/ heat is the best I've had.

Nothing equates to the smell of green chile being roasted, never done the roasting myself so drinking beer never hampered my end result. I usually by 2 40# bags from Lemitar but found a small grower near Tome this year and the flavor/ heat is the best I've had.
I’ve put this here before, but this the old days when we did our own. These are Big Jims from our garden and my rusty old roaster. Obviously this was Bronco’s game day.

People who have never smelled them roasting have no idea what we’re talking about. But that smell is one of lifes great pleasures. :)
IMG_1110.jpeg
IMG_1112.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom