Burris Scopes

E

elk_horn

Has anyone had one of these scopes I was thinking about putting on on a new 270 Ruger... 3x9x40 with the ballistic plex???

Awesome scopes, i own three. With that said, I'll never buy another. This is because of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

The third one I bought, I tried on three different rifles, shooting over 80 rounds total trying to get a zero. Finally after 3 rifles, I was sure the scope was to blame. So I sent it back. It wasn't that the scope wouldn't hold zero, as it that just fine, but I could not touch the adjustments with out the thing going wild. I would move it, for example, one click to the right. My POI would go 3 in to the right and 2 high, but it would hold a zero where ever it ended up.

Burris sent it back to me saying that it was my gun's fault. They even shot a target with it, proving that it would shoot groups, but the problem is not that it would shoot groups, it was just impossible to sight in...

So I tried it again. Hours at the range waiting for barrels to cool, switching rifles, tightening screws. Same thing. So I sent a lengthly letter and some shot targets to Burris along with the scope AGAIN explaining the problem. They ignored my letter and didn't even adress the actual issue. Again I got a target with three holes in it saying that the scope held zero just fine...

So I REALLY had it out with one of the guys on the phone. And sent it back a third time. They still denied fault, saying the scope was perfectly fine. But this time I took it out to the range, stuck it on one of the same rifles, with the same ammunition and zeroed the scope in three shots. I think what happened is that on a really close examination, and by actually listening to what I told them was wrong with it, Burris discovered a problem, but by then was too proud to admit it.

I will never buy another Burris product again, however I will admit that they make a good scope when they work. My other two work just fine, but Leupold makes as good of a scope and will actually stand behind their product.

I own both Leupold and Burris. I haven't had any problems with my Burris Fullfield II but the last post is very interesting. I have never been able to shoot less than a 2" group with the Burris on a Vanguard 270 WSM and that post has me thinking. I have sent binoculars back to Leupold two times and they repaired them and cleaned them no questions asked.

Tim
Searchin' for a 4 X 4

I have ONE Burris scope, and will never buy another. Mounted it on my .338WM and the reticle broke after about 20 shots. Had it repaired, and it broke again two years later, repaired again, and it's not broken yet. Lifetime warranty is fine, but I'd rather have a Leupold that I never had to send in for repairs. Scott

Old Man,

This sounds identical to what I've experienced. Brand new Fulfield II and 100 rounds later and still couldn't get it to shoot straight. Every time you get it just about where you want it, BAM, it would jump several inches.

I sent it back and asked that they 'zero' it again. I've only tried a few rounds with it since I got it back, but I'm thinking that its doing the same thing again.

What do you think is the problem so I can check it out and maybe remind them that others have had the same problem. PM me if you don't want to say in this thread.

Ghost Hunter

Burris customer service is the worst! I don't have time to get into the whole debacle but I'd buy Tasco before I buy another Burris......

I have a Burris 1.5-5x Signature on a 375 H&H Mag and the reticle broke. They sent me a brand new scope, no questions asked, but I have not shot the rifle again yet. The gun grouped less than 3/4" at 100 yds before the reticle broke.

I was thinking of getting the 3-9x fullfield II with the BPlex for a .243 I have. At $140 on Ebay the price is right. This is a good post and I look forward to seeing some more info to make my decision

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom