Burris Eliminator Laser Scope

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I have been watching this scope being used a little on Steve's Outdoor Adventures. He brags it up so now I'm interested. I saw one in Cabelas and the range is 500 yards. I seldom want to ever shoot that far, but if I was laying down with a good place to hold steady on a 500 + yard shot would that work? Anyone have one that could give me a heads up?
Thanks I would appreciate it.

>I have been watching this scope
>being used a little on
>Steve's Outdoor Adventures. He brags
>it up so now I'm
>interested. I saw one in
>Cabelas and the range is
>500 yards. I seldom want
>to ever shoot that far,
>but if I was laying
>down with a good place
>to hold steady on a
>500 + yard shot would
>that work? Anyone have one
>that could give me a
>heads up?
>Thanks I would appreciate it.

I think they're currently running a promotion where you get a free Cough Silencer with the purchase of a Burris Eliminator.

I like the idea of the eliminator scope, but I wonder how well it is executed? I think a scope with an electronic customizable reticle would be really cool. Plug your scope into your computer or smartphone and create your own custom recticle based on your specific load and field testing. I like a scope with a plex style recticle better than a scope with turrets that have to adjusted to a specific range. Easier to mess up with a scope that has to be constantly adjusted. A plex reticle you still have to remember which line to use, but it is harder to miss a quick close shot.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Problem I have is the food I eat during the hunt gives me some mad gas! Could I use the cough silencer as a fart silencer?

No problem, scentlock undies..

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Sure looks ugly..Maybe you could aqquire the taste...

Guess alll electronic rangefingers have temp limits, but does say 14F is the lower limit..

http://www.burrisoptics.com/laserscope.html

Three year warranty...no way are you getrting a lifetime one with a rangefinder. I doubt the electronics will stand up to abuse as well as a regular scope of comparable quality.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-11 AT 07:33AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-11 AT 07:32?AM (MST)

with the recent posts regarding long range shooting and now the lazer scope i was wondering...does everyone shoot on a absolute level vertical plane ? what i mean is elevation, being up hill or down hill shots take adjustment to compensate as well just not yardage..... does the scope compensate for this as well ?

and in the 70's, 80's and 90's and present. myself and hunting cohorts have killed game at 350 yards plus cleanly. with standard reticals. why now do we need bdc reticals, turrets, lazer scopes? i dont understand the thrill of shooting an animal at 800 yards. the thrill is getting in good range for a clean kill.

Yes, that scope gives you the true shooting range. You use the cosine of the angle you are shooting at to choose the mil dot or estimated target spot on an animal or target.
But the Burris does that automatically.
I am still studying but maybe the BC reticle Leopold would be better. You can use an an angle doper with a regular scope also.
I am just learning more about shooting as I have never put as much into my hunting skills as i should have in the past- mostly because I just enjoyed being in the outdoors. I still enjoy the outdoors but I would like a couple more wallhangers for my wall and to pass on to my kids and grandkids.
Why be a mediocre hunter, right?

>Yes, that scope gives you the
>true shooting range. You use
>the cosine of the angle
>you are shooting at to
>choose the mil dot or
>estimated target spot on an
>animal or target.
>But the Burris does that automatically.
>
>I am still studying but maybe
>the BC reticle Leopold would
>be better. You can use
>an an angle doper with
>a regular scope also.
>I am just learning more about
>shooting as I have never
>put as much into my
>hunting skills as i should
>have in the past- mostly
>because I just enjoyed being
>in the outdoors. I still
>enjoy the outdoors but I
>would like a couple more
>wallhangers for my wall and
>to pass on to my
>kids and grandkids.
>Why be a mediocre hunter, right?
>

Buy a Burris Eliminator, it'll rocket you right to the top as a hunter..

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-11 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]Lol...I meant I need to practice more on angles but have a good scope. Ya made me laugh. I'm not promoting Burris..

Thanks. I am going to stick with Leopold, and practice shooting more for sure. I will forget looking at the Eliminator. I have been a decent shooter but could be much better. Maybe Foreman likes to mock people, oh well...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom