Burning Man 2011

Roy

Well - it is that time of year again folks and for some of our Kali MM'ers like Eel, Kilowatt, D13er, RELH, never_catch, cjboz, and of course some of our more experimental MMer's like Ben Thompson it is a great time of celebration. So for the next few days if we don't see these MMer's posting here, it may mean they have joined Ben on his "vision qwest" and are attempting to reach nirvana through alternative art, music, dance, and desert herbs. Hopefully they will all have a great time, but just in case we miss them too much - here is a live webcam of the festivities and we may just catch some of them on it!

www.myworldwebcams.com/events/burning_man.html

HOOK 'EM!

My dad actually went to Burning Man 3 years ago. He said it was quite an experience. We have a family friend who goes every year and he is the one who talked my dad into it. He said if you can be open minded and get passed the weirdness and all the hippie/nasty sqautter types you do meet some very interesting people and some of the structures they build and display are incredible. My dad said he would not go back, but would recommend it once. After the first day you are burnt out on seeing boobs though.

>Well JB said you can never
>burn out on that!
>
>WRECK EM' TECH, DOWN WITH THE LONGHORNS!!!

I thought the same thing, I guess the shock factor wears off and you start missing a few sets here and there because it is the norm there??

By the way Roy I like your new signature line, Wait till Mack Brown gets on here and sees what you wrote:)

After seeing some of the attendees on the freeway, wal-mart, etc.>>>I have come to the conclusion that burning man is not much more than a prozac/roofie fueled version of Woodstock, minus the decent music. The local paper will have a series of BM articles, maybe 3 a day, until the thing is over.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I just wanna know which one of the MMers will be shooting the "Flaming arrows of fun" ???...or riding on the Trojan horse ??? ;-)

Burning Man and the Rainbow coalition have the same thing in common. A bunch of wacked out dope smoking hippy liberals escaping into their fantasy world and acting like idiots. They ain't worth using a jug of kerosene on.

RELH

hi drove by burning man yesterday,must be 20,000 people there, lots of cops at brunos bar,. saw 2 accidents and gay people,gas 4.10 a gallon,. was 20bucks first time,now 400 a ticket,jeez

>"Burnt out on boobs". You're kidding
>me, right?
>
>Eldorado

........THOSE boobs!!!!!.....attached to "mature" women whose legs and pits haven't seen a razor since Jimmy Carter was President, wouldn't know what a deodorant stick was and can't spell "FDS".

They can pick up bricks with their toes and a hair brush is a completely foriegn item!

Crabs, nits and body lice, are "all God's creations and I can't harm them"!

They steal everything that isn't nailed down on their way thru our town, then throw it out the window on their way back home.

I hate them and I sincerly hope they ALL get the FARKIN' CLAP!

"you can never know how little I care!"

I was hoping to see pictures of our president, but my prayer for THAT burning man hasn't been answered yet.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Sounds like the "Forest Festival" in Girdwood, Alaska. Most of the hippy population lives in Girdwood, so I guess they need to get their Woodstock fix once a year I guess. Went once and vowed never to go back, then the city of Anchorage put so many restrictions on the festival (cause Girdwood was part of the Abchorage Burough) that the festival shutdown for a few years. It was mostly to keep the underage kids from going down there to stomp their few precious braincells they had left using booze and pot. I think they reopened the festival the year before we left.
WVBOWAK

They kicked me out for starting up a poker game :-( Rules are rules...

"Decommodification - No cash transactions are permitted between attendees of the event, which is in accordance with the principles of Burning Man. Cash can be used for a select few charity, fuel and sanitation vendors as follows..."

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom