BULLET QUESTION???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
A Couple Days ago I picked up a couple Boxes of Remington 375 RUM A-FRAMES 300 Grainers!

Got to looking at them & I notice some of the Bullets are Slightly Loose in the Case?

You can turn some of them with your Fingers,Some are Snug but still turn & Some you can't turn!

First Time I've noticed this in any Bullet?(Other than Cheap 22 Ammo!)

I Do believe they should be tight enough you shouldn't be able to twist them with your Fingers?

I Think they're going Back?

What you Bullet/Reloading Pro's Say?

Thanks!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Send them back to Swift. Don't know sure but bet they make it right.

Couple years ago I had some Accubonds (bullets only) that had the plastic tip missing on about 6 of 50. Sent a couple of the bullets back to Nosler, they sent a brand new full box.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Squeeze em with your channel locks. :)

Will they chamber? Sounds like someone forgot a step in the process.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Are they crimped? Maybe they are just spinning on the crimp ? You have a set of crimpers just recrimp them. Then mark all of your crimped shells. :)

>Are they crimped? Maybe they are
>just spinning on the crimp
>? You have a set
>of crimpers just recrimp them.
>Then mark all of your
>crimped shells. :)

So BIGJOHN?

That's what 3/8" PEX Crimpers are for?

(((NUNYA will like that one!:D)))

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

SEND THEM BACK, someone screwed up on quality control check. Accuracy will be like a small shotgun pattern between loose bullets and ones having neck tension. The case neck was not sized right, or some bullets may be undersize in dia.

RELH

>
>A Couple Days ago I picked
>up a couple Boxes of
>Remington 375 RUM A-FRAMES 300
>Grainers!
>
>Got to looking at them &
>I notice some of the
>Bullets are Slightly Loose in
>the Case?
>
>You can turn some of them
>with your Fingers,Some are Snug
>but still turn & Some
>you can't turn!
>
>First Time I've noticed this in
>any Bullet?(Other than Cheap 22
>Ammo!)
>
>I Do believe they should be
>tight enough you shouldn't be
>able to twist them with
>your Fingers?
>
>I Think they're going Back?
>
>What you Bullet/Reloading Pro's Say?
>
>Thanks!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

Shaking my head..

>>
>>A Couple Days ago I picked
>>up a couple Boxes of
>>Remington 375 RUM A-FRAMES 300
>>Grainers!
>>
>>Got to looking at them &
>>I notice some of the
>>Bullets are Slightly Loose in
>>the Case?
>>
>>You can turn some of them
>>with your Fingers,Some are Snug
>>but still turn & Some
>>you can't turn!
>>
>>First Time I've noticed this in
>>any Bullet?(Other than Cheap 22
>>Ammo!)
>>
>>I Do believe they should be
>>tight enough you shouldn't be
>>able to twist them with
>>your Fingers?
>>
>>I Think they're going Back?
>>
>>What you Bullet/Reloading Pro's Say?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>>Cold Hands I Shall go
>>down Fighting for American Pride
>>& Rights!
>>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>>Throw Their Hands in the
>>air & I know I
>>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>>by Myself when they Turn
>>on us but I'll make
>>
>>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>>Situation where I Hope to
>>Hell All Americans become True
>>Americans once again & Stand
>>up for their Rights!
>
>Shaking my head..

But REDDOG!

You're always Shaking your Head!:D

I wish you were Closer DAWG!

I'd like to see Some Ass Get really Chewed with you yourself returning these Bullets!

Maybe one of the SW Employee's would try & tell you they know more about Reloading than you do!:D:D:D

LMAO!!!

>>Are they crimped? Maybe they are
>>just spinning on the crimp
>>? You have a set
>>of crimpers just recrimp them.
>>Then mark all of your
>>crimped shells. :)
>
>
>So BIGJOHN?
>
>That's what 3/8" PEX Crimpers are
>for?
>
>(((NUNYA will like that one!:D)))
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

I would say a Manabloc 3/8 would be closer to the 375 !

If they really aren't crimped you have a potentially dangerous situation in a 375. The recoil is enough that you can have bullet setback with the cartridges in the magazine which can cause pressure spikes.

Maybe you should go ahead and shoot them. But to offset the loose bullets maybe you could hammer a larger diameter bullet into the muzzle first.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-14 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]Don't listen to NVB. He's trying to get you killed! (maybe that's his plan)LOL

The bullets should be tight, period.
They are loose for one of two reasons. Either the necks were not sized properly or during the crimping process the necks were loosened from over-crimping. (crimping is crap anyway IMHO)

Either way it's not good. There are safety issues along with basic accuracy problems. A good reloader guy will do everything he can to insure proper and CONSISTENT neck tension to insure proper pressure and accuracy.

Take em back or send em back.

Zeke

>Maybe you should go ahead and
>shoot them. But to offset
>the loose bullets maybe you
>could hammer a larger diameter
>bullet into the muzzle first.
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

Hey NVB?

That Cheap Ass Savage you talked me in to Blew Up when you made the same recommendation a while back!

Cheap Ass Barrels or it would not have blowed up like that!

Stainless is way Stronger & after that Incident I will never buy another Black/Carbon Barrel!

Hey bess, I have a box of remington 375 rum ammo I don't need because I got rid of the gun. I think there maybe a couple rounds missing. I'll swap ya for some 22s if you want them.

What are they Bob?

Core-lokts!

Pfffffff!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-14 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]"Stainless is stronger than chromoly..

You sure about that bessy??

Careful Bess, you could be out of your depth here.

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-14
>AT 01:28?PM (MST)

>
>"Stainless is stronger than chromoly..
>
>You sure about that bessy??

I didn't say F'N Chrome-Moly!

I said: Black/Carbon!

GEEZUS!

Read before you take sides NVB!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-14 AT 11:29PM (MST)[p]Should have took NVB's advice. ;-)

So, you're saying you had a modern (last 75 years)gun with a carbon steel barrel?

You may want to check the ingredients in 4140/50. Not my fault you erroneously referred to it as "carbon".

PS, I seen some bulk packed .375" corelockts, I know how you love them so I picked up a bag of 500 for ya.

You owe me.

Not sure on what the exact Blend of Steel would be on some of the Cheaper Rifles Dawg?

But some of them sure the HELL Ain't gonna Pass your QUALITY CONTROL for being Top Notch Chrome Moly!

Last I knew Good Quality Chrome Moly doesn't Rust as Quickly as some of the Cheaper Shhitt out there now days!

Gonna make me shoot Core-lokts Huh?:D

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-14
>AT 11:29?PM (MST)

>
>Should have took NVB's advice. ;-)
>
>
>So, you're saying you had a
>modern (last 75 years)gun with
>a carbon steel barrel?
>
>You may want to check the
>ingredients in 4140/50. Not my
>fault you erroneously referred to
>it as "carbon".
>
>PS, I seen some bulk packed
>.375" corelockts, I know how
>you love them so I
>picked up a bag of
>500 for ya.
>
>You owe me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrZxSoLmgA

I used to shot Remington core-lok and a few years ago I got a box of shells that were hot. I was on the mountain and shot at a great buck and got a kick from my rifle that I had never got in the past. I have a mauser action or I believe that it would have blown up in my face.
I got the casing out of the action and sent the whole box back but never even got a response or a new box of shells.
I now shoot Barnes bullets and haven't had any problems except short supply, buy now and beat the rush.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom