bugle fest

marley

Very Active Member
Saturday my buddy and I packed in about 4 miles for my archery hunt here in CO. When we got in there we had about 9 different bulls bugling their brains out. We watched a nice 6 breed a cow and then went in after them. If you added up every bugle I have ever heard in my life it still wouldn't equal half of what I heard on Saturday alone. This is crazy to say and many probably won't believe this but I would be willing to bet that we heard over 1000 bugles on Saturday alone. We made about 8 different stalks on different bulls and got busted with the swirling winds or by all the spikes hanging around the herds. At one time we crept in within 60 yards of a bedded 6 point bull but had a spike walking in from our right. The wind was right so I thought we would just let him pass us by. He stopped 10 yards from us directly between us and the bull and bedded down. After about 5 mins. the wind swirled again and he took off right through the big bull, taking him with him. Frustrating day but at the same time it was an experience that I have never seen before in my life. Nonstop bugling from sun up to sun down. I bet we never sent more than 2 mins. without at least one bugle. INCREDIBLE day!!

It an awesome experience! By far the best time of the year to be in the mtns! Hopefully I will be able to connect this weekend!
Good luck with the rest of your hunt!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Take pictures and post them up. Would love to see some great shoots of the rut.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom