Buffalo Theory

Zigga

Long Time Member
In one episode of 'Cheers', Cliff is seated at the bar describing the Buffalo Theory to his buddy, Norm. I don't think I've ever heard the concept explained any better than this .

'Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.'

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-08 AT 08:28AM (MST)[p]Went on a business trip to Boston about 8 years ago and went to the Cheers bar. My traveling partner asked the bar tender if he could smoke. The bar tender replied "you never saw anyone smoking on Cheers did you?" My partner says "you never saw Norm beat the crap out of Cliff either". Laughed until my sides hurt.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

TOO FUNNY! I loved Cheers! Cliff Claven, Norm, Woody, Sam, Coach, Dianne, Frasier, Rebecca, Karla!

What a great show - still catch myself singing the song sometimes!

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got!

Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot!

Wouldn't you like to get away,

Sometimes you want to go...

Where everybody knows your name,

And they're always glad you came,

You want to go where people see

Their troubles are all the same,

You want to go where everybody know your name!"

Sometimes MM is that way for me!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I tried to get the Cheers song for my ringtone, couldn't find the right one.Classic just classic......

My all time favorite phrase from Cheers is when Frazier's mother-in-law was visiting and her response to whatever Frazier said was, "Well you're wrong, very wrong, you wouldn't be more wrong if your fanny was screwed on backwards!"

Frazier's response was, "That wrong ay?"

Cheers and Seinfeld reruns are the best.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom