buffalo pics

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-09 AT 11:39PM (MST)[p] I shot this twelve year old bull up in Saskachewan three years ago. 750 lbs of great meat and a ginormas shoulder mount for the wall. The size of these animals will blow your mind when you get up next to them. Have fun my brother!!
Spike

DSC02014_%28Small%29.JPG

Treedagain, good luck on your hunt. Post the details and pixs when your back.

Kenthunter, is that an estate buffalo or a wild one? If wild did you use a outfitter,and what were the costs,etc.

Joe E Sikora

Hi Joe,
It was an estate buff. The old boy up in Saskachewan had about 2,200 head of buff and he was culling about a dozen of his older bulls. It wasn't a hunt by any means. He had about 25,000 acres and you had to go out and find them. Once located it was a "shoot". I knew this from the get go. The good thing was that I had always wanted a BIG Bison head for my wall. This boy fit the bill rather nicely. The price was hard to pass up also. He was selling these bulls for $1500 US. I was just to good of a deal to pass up. He said that he was going to offer the same deal in 2010. Keep an eye open on e-bay if you are interested. The 750 lbs of cut and wrapped meat wasn't to bad either.

I took my Dad on a bison hunt for a free-ranging cow on Indian land a couple weeks ago and it was a lot of fun. After taking into consideration the points required to draw a tag on the Henry Mtns, my Dad's age and health, and the relatively low cost for the cow tag on the rez, I decided it was time to do it. I agree, the size of the animal on the ground will blow your mind even with a large cow. They are so much bigger than anything else I have ever been around. I am glad we didn't have to pack the quarters and head too far, you better be tough or have some good horses if you plan on moving one very far. Lots of fun, good luck.

Dax

bison027.jpg

Daxter,

If you don't mind me asking, where was your hunt and how much do they charge? I'm thinking this would be a fun one to take the family and fill the freezer.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-09 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4b1073416056a0bc.jpg
4b10737260e17c71.jpg

4b1075dd6a5a3378.jpg

4b1075f96a95508c.jpg

4b10760a6abe82b8.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom