Buddies First Goat

N

NV30378

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-05 AT 04:04PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-05 AT 04:03?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-05 AT 04:02?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-05 AT 03:51?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-05 AT 03:45?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-05 AT 03:38?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-05 AT 03:36?PM (MST)

Went out on Aug 31 with my buddy since we were not able to get out on the opener. To make a long story short. We saw 2 good bucks in about 3 hours and he whacked the second one. It won't make the book, but it is respectable for a first goat. We made an awesome stalk from above and he shot him when he stood up from his bed. Shot was 325yds straigt down a steep hill. I will say it again, a range finder and shooting sticks are a must. The Barnes bullet performed awesome......I just got off the phone with my buddy and the Taxidermist said it had 15 inch prongs heavy bases and would score in the low 70's......Not bad for a first buck. Guess all that scouting paid off. We did try to find the big buck I had scouted and found only does at the waterhole he was using.....Pretty sure someone else got him. All in all it was a good hunt and my buddy is real happy......That's all that matters to me.
4320b4bd67761de5.jpg

Took me a few tries to figure the total size of the picture had to be under 100K Duh!

I don't think that low 70's is all that accurate, more like high 70's...but oh well. THat is one great looking buck. Tell him congrats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom