Bucking mule falls

nfh

Long Time Member
Went camping this last weekend and thought I would share the falls. While camping seen a ton of mule deer does. At about out of 1 out of 4 had a fawn. Seen one nice muley buck that will hit 170 easy Seen a ton a moose in the area. No monster bulls but some nice ones.

Nice picture and country. Just curious but isn't 25 percent of does with fawns incredibly low? It varies I understand with rough country as that and predators but that still seems pretty tough for the future.

Every doe I see has at least one fawn sometimes twins. Easy winter yotes all gone from black mange it makes a difference. Disease will probably nail the deer in the next 6 weeks that's what's happened statewide last 2 years.

You would hope that the ratio would be almost 1 for 1 in a good year. It could be that some of the does had fawns that weren't out in the open to be easily seen. Let's hope that's the case and that predators didn't take a huge toll on newborns that quickly. I don't know about yotes up there, but I know they have to contend a lot with cats and bears up there.

The first couple days I was watching the deer in a meadow and started to notice not very many fawns. so I started counting and it was at about 1/4. Driving in and out I noticed about a few does with fawns. The mnt. lion population is pretty high in the big horn mountains.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom