Buck and a Bobcat!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Pretty neat! Myself and a good buddy to help, pulled out a old electric water heater and put in a new unit on the second story of a Lake Almanor Country Club home today and got a good side show in the deal.

I first noticed an old doe right next to my plumbing truck but then came a really nice forky right on her tail with his neck stuck straight out. I don't know if any of you guys remember seeing the picture of a really huge Almanor forky from back around 97' but that is about as big a forky ever was. Anyway, i saw that buck in person many times and there's still his gene in this area and this forky i watched, right next to me, for quite awhile today was probably a grandson, a big one!

So, then here comes Mr Bobcat trailing up the two deer that are now just on the other side of the street!! Plain as day, only 20-30 feet away, he's putting the sneak on that old doe. In the end, the Bobcat went hungry but it weren't from lack of trying to get close in un-noticed.

I've seen my share of good bucks and a fair amount of Bobcats. Never though when they were that close to me. It really was something to see.

Joey

Joey, I had the experience to watch a mountain lion take a doe at a distance of 30 yards several years ago. Pounced on the doe and held her by the throat until she died. dragged the doe uphill about 15 yards behind a log and started eating.

RELH

RELH, I rarely have a firearm with me when i'm not hunting or on a roadtrip. I figure you though, probably had the means to defend yourself had that Mt lion then decided to attack you.

Yes, very neat experience, but kind of scary too! Puts a shiver in me to think of hand to hand with a Mt Lion. Thanks!!

Joey

That would have been neat to see, glad you got to see it. That is what I love about being outdoors...you never know what you will see.

I love watching that kind of stuff, cool story,..have you got any pics. of the old forky Joey?

Thanks Guys!!

Larrbo, are you back from your vacation/cruise in the Far East?
The Pic's you sent were incredible!!

Mod700, My helper/friend took two pic's of the buck thru his phone. They didn't turn out well at all he says and he doesn't know how to get them on his puter. I'll rattle his cage again and see if he could get them to me so i could post it up. He's not the buck that one was years ago but we thought him very impressive, especially for a slick forky.

Joey

Hey Joey, we left South Korea yesterday and will be in Beijing tomorrow. We will be home on the 24th, call you sometime and catch up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom