BSU GOT SCREWED

I think the BCS is stupid....but BSU is right where they belong! They play a patty cake schedule...and lost! They should not get any higher than that!!

Plus...I HATE their blue field!! :p

Ok Fish I hear ya on the teams they play but if they are ranked #7 it is a slap in the face to have this match up. They play who they can and I am not a BSU fan. I was surprised to see the selection.

At least they'll play in Vegas! I could think of worse places...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Why is a .500 team in a bowl game. I don't really follow who or how bowl games are selected. Every year theres something wrong with the system. I'm dumbfounded that a team that doesn't have a winning record is playing for the big money that these games bring.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Well Wiz that 500 team is going to play the #7 team in the country. Something is broke???

Joey I don't think playing in Vegas will make BSU any happier :):)

Maybe because nobody outside of Idaho wants to watch BSU play in a bowl game:). Although, I do agree the BCS system suks.

The majority of the games after the BCS games are set based on conference affiliation and even though it is garbage how well the teams travel. Boise did not win their conference. Hard to play a top notch game when you don't win your conference.

This year is another prime example of why there needs to be a 4 team or 8 team playoff.

Boise has nobody to blame but themselves. They win they play in the big boy games; they lose they play exactly where they are at.

It's a very clear understanding going into the season that BSU needs to go undefeated to get a BCS game. I don't understand the problem? You beat a team that got destroyed by LSU. (Georgia), and you lost to TCU. I infact don't think you deserve to be in a BCS game. Your schedule was super weak, and is not representative of a championship team. I however do not agree with VA tech being there, but I think TCU deserved it over BSU. Too bad Houston lost and even let this become an issue.

2804alabama-roll-on-eighteen-wheeler.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 05:48AM (MST)[p]LOL tide LOL

I actually taped that on a buddies car while working in tuscaloosa last summer...

This thread should be titled SCREW BSU!!

Robb and Rans, I would imagine you guys are excited about that rematch?? I am, anytime LSU gets to beat Bama is a good day!! }> }> }>

~Z~

Don't get too mouthy Z, you were on the lucky end of a kickers bad day last time. LSU will lose if they bring that same offense they did last time.

Me not be mouthy when my teams is undefeated, just won the SEC Championship, and is going to the National Championship?? Good luck buddy, lol ;-)

Honestly more than I want LSU to win, I just REALLY want Nick Satan to lose!!

GO LSU GO!!

~Z~

As a BSU fan, I am both happy and pissed we didn't make it to a BCS game. BSU is not as good this year as in the past. We were not explosive, nor could our DB's defend over the top passes. I also believe that Kellen Moore peaked last year.
But it is a slap in the face to see W.V go in our place. Maybe if we could get some of these BCS schools to schedule us, then we can prove we belong. Not sure why they won't? Until then we will be on the outside looking in.

BSU had a chance to join the PAC 12 and didn't. They should of and then they would have a chance for a BCS bowl every year if they could beat all the other Pac 12 teams.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Tank, It was Virginia Tech that took your spot, not West Virginia. West Virginia won the Big East, so they have their spot automatic. I thought they would take TCU before VA Tech, but every year I'm surprised by something in the BCS

Bayside you're right, I got my Virginia's backwards. But TCU didn't make the top 16, therefore did not qualify.

Gator, have you been hitting the hard stuff already this morning? BSU was not invited to the PAC 12. That would be the perfect situation for us. BSU would jump at the opportunity!

Oh well with so many bad bowl games this year I will have plenty of time to go look for deer during the holidays...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

It should have been BSU vs Baylor. #7 against #12...Something like that!

Remember What the E in ESPN stands for. Eastern schools are always going to be favored by the Eastern media. Alabama had its chance Mulligans are in golf not football. OSU played a tougher schedule not a fan of either school but OSU got hosed worse than BSU. Nebraska came out smelling like a rose and were not even any good fan base you bring to the bowl is a big component. Its the Liberal media's fault. (OOPS! forgot I wasn't on the political talk section).

Not a BSU fan here AT ALL. But I was watching some early predictions and one guy was thinking BSU vs Stanford. That would of been a great game. It could of been worse, they did not get the Potato bowl! LMAO

BSU got just what they deserved. Sure the BCS sucks, but they would had to have invited TCU over the Broncos because TCU beat the Broncos, and won the MWC. Good call imho. OK ST should be playing in the title game though. Even Nick Saben himself said that you shouldn't be able to play for the title if you don't win your own conference.

So is it the good ole boys club who makes the decisions, or the teams standings? It should be one or the other. To much talk about will this fan base travel well, or will those fans travel better. It is money that is doing the talking, not the players or their record. I would be pissed if I was OSU too. What about other teams in the top 10 who aren't playing in the big bowls? Is the BCS picking truly the top teams? And LSU for some reason has to beat BAMA twice? What if they don't, should there be an asterisks on the national champion trophy? I understand the conference affiliation to the bowl argument,but it seems that teams are not really rewarded for their achievements. Why is there even a top 25 chosen if only the top 1 and 2 (questionably) get rewarded.

The important question is how would their records be if they flipped schedules. Boise plays a weak schedule, beat a lot of weak teams but beat Georgia. ASU played a tough schedule and beat USC but lost some games they definitely should have won. I dont think ASU would beat Georgia but I dont think Boise would beat USC. They both played great games to beat their opponent. I could care less about the matchup but I'm happy to go to Vegas and I will make a prediction. ASU will throttle Boise State.

"ASU will throttle Boise State". LMAO!!! Neg on that, they have a huge chip on their shoulder now.

Tank you bring up some great points.

As far as BSU playing in a weak conference, I agree. However when Utah played alabama people didn't give them a chance. Well they won so the excuse was alabama just lost interest because they were not playing in the title game.

I would love to see a playoff implimented..

Boise state thinks there good and cant beat tcu. please, they would end up like UT if they joined a real confrence 2-3 losses every year.
Boise State would have 2 losses in the pac 12 and 3 in the sec, sure they can beat them in 1 game series but look at the number of injuries these big time schools (florida and tennesse this year) have every year. boise cant handle the week after week beating

>Boise state thinks there good and
>cant beat tcu. please, they
>would end up like UT
>if they joined a real
>confrence 2-3 losses every year.
>
>Boise State would have 2 losses
>in the pac 12 and
>3 in the sec, sure
>they can beat them in
>1 game series but look
>at the number of injuries
>these big time schools (florida
>and tennesse this year) have
>every year. boise cant handle
>the week after week beating
>
ya, Ya, Ya,heard the same story over and over. Bottom line is BSU is 4/5 with BCS schools. Why are they not lining up to knock BSU off? Fans of BCS schools would fill the seat of those huge stadiums to see that game. But it doesn't happen. Look at the Georgia game this year.
The bottom line is BSU is a great program that does more with less. Ya, we would suffer injuries for a year or two in a SEC or Big 12 (not so sure of the PAC 12), but at least we would be pulling in (your) better recruits and have triple or quadruple the money to make improvements to the program.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-11 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]First the disclaimer: I'm an ASU fan, BUT....

If defensive coordinator Craig Bray uses the same schemes in the LV bowl that he has used over the last few games, Kellen Moore will have a career day for the ages.

The schemes Bray used for the Washington State game against a completely inexperienced QB was a recipe for losing. Despite the condition of the defensive backfield and regardless of the result, he should have employed all-out blitzes early in the game i.e. brought the house and put the newby QB on his a$$ a few times. Instead, he pretty much let his guys sit back. As a result of no pressure, the 160-lb. weakling picked apart the defensive backs.

Bray has basically employed a "let's try not to lose" philosophy rather than a "let's go all out to win" one.

Hopefully, when ASU hires a new coach, he will bring a GOOD defensive coordinator into the mix.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I think it was larrbo who said it best- Anybody not in the SEC gets screwed...

I hate the SEC in general because of their incredible favoritism in all polls. I especially hate LSU.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

BSU will put 50 on ASU....Moores last collage game...Look out!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]Gator, give me a link where BSU had a chance to join Pac-10 or 12? I'd be interested in reading that.

Oh 1 other thing hasn't the colleges of the Uturds been part of that weak schedule? LMAO

>The majority of the games after
>the BCS games are set
>based on conference affiliation and
>even though it is garbage
>how well the teams travel.
>Boise did not win their
>conference. Hard to play a
>top notch game when you
>don't win your conference.
>
>This year is another prime example
>of why there needs to
>be a 4 team or
>8 team playoff.
>
>Boise has nobody to blame but
>themselves. They win they play
>in the big boy games;

>they lose they play exactly
>where they are at.

I agree on the 8 team playoff! I would quit bi%?ing about rankings and BCS if they would just do an 8 team playoff. They could still have the cheesy bowl games for the .500 teams.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom