Brush pants?

Feleno

Long Time Member
Recommendations for a good pair of lightweight but durable brush busting pants for semi warm weather in brush and thorny terrain like southern AZ and New Mexcico.
Thanks

You hunt??? I thought you were here just for comic relief.

I just use a heavier denim. Often it is warm here in southern NM and I just go light and try not to walk into the chollas.

Will look into the Carh's. I wear the heavier denim stuff now but after 2-3 years use they've seen better days, just lookin for something more durable.

NMP
Pick your jaw off the ground, of course I hunt :). 3 trips to Africa, Spain, Canada, Alaska and several other states. In fact I'll be in your next of the woods this Spring, I'll look you up :)

>Will look into the Carh's. I
>wear the heavier denim stuff
>now but after 2-3 years
>use they've seen better days,
>just lookin for something more
>durable.
>
>NMP
>Pick your jaw off the ground,
>of course I hunt :).
>3 trips to Africa, Spain,
>Canada, Alaska and several other
>states. In fact I'll be
>in your next of the
>woods this Spring, I'll look
>you up :)

Barbary?? Turkey?? Oryx??

look in Cabelas, the kind with double cordura front panels are what I use when busting through brush hunting little whitetails and quail in the Sonoran desert country

Your kinda camo F'man.

1684simmons_camo.jpg

Slick

Just picked up a pair briar pants from Bass pro.They have many different styles. I bought the Redhaed jeans with the chaps material sewn right on to them. $30 Work great!

SLICKROCK!!

Knock that chit off!!

I don't know whats worse you posting that or the lack of comment in the following posts. It's almost like it was expected and maybe people here are jaded and that chit is just normal here.....Sad .....Just Sad.

Maybe if you would have misspelled camo at least D13er would have said something.

Bill

Uninsulated Carhartt bibs. I think they are more comfortable than the pants and offer protection a bit higher. The pants seem to loose their comfort after several washings, unlike a good pair of jeans, which only seem to get better with a little age.

If you haven't pulled the trigger on pants yet take a look at Wick Outdoor Works. Company is based in Missouri and mostly cater to guys that hunt raccoons with hounds, but they have some gear that might fit what you are looking for. They have bibs and chaps made out of this nylon material that is some of the toughest stuff I have ever come across. It turned briars and thorns like water off of a duck. I crawled into some pretty nasty multiflora rose patches to drag out hounds and came out more often than not unscathed. My cousins would follow me in in jeans and carhart jackets and get hung up on the briars about halfway in so guess who either had to get them unstuck or they handed me their leashes to get the dogs out? Yeah it was me. From what I remember these chaps were what started the company and the guy that started the company his wife made them for him and they grew the business out of that. I am pretty sure that they are American made still, they might be a little more expensive than carrhart, but I bet they will last longer. Hope your turkey hunting trip goes well here in New Mexico, it will probably be anpther year or two before I start chasing big game here, since I am trying to go to nursing school at DACC right now. Best of luck in search for briar resistant pant and best and safe wishes while turkey hunting here in New Mexico.
WVBOWAK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom