Brunton Binos

H

huntnut111

I'm thinking of purchasing a pair of Brunton binoculars, my dad has a cheap pair and loves them. I'm pretty sure I'll go with the Eterna model but not sure which size. I hunt mostly in wide open Eastern WA but some in close quartered Western WA. Hope this helps. It's between the 10X32 or the 11X45, 3 oz difference, 60$ difference. Which would you choose and why and does anyone have experience with the Eterna Model...I would love an opinion.

Thanks

I owned the older generation of Eternas in the 10x42 configuration and overall I thought that they were pretty good. Not sure about the new ones but the older eternas were very heavy and optically I found that there were other binos in the $400 range that I felt were better but your eyes are different. In your price range I think that Vortex and Pentax have some great binos. The Monarch is another great option and you could save some $$. Way lighter too! Hope this helps.

I, like so many others don't know a thing about Vortex so if anyone can compare a Vortex Diamondback 10X42 to Brunton Eterna 10X32 I would appreciate the comparison feedback. By the way the Brunton Eternas right now are 235.00 for 10X32's and just 20 bucks more for the 11X45's.

I own the 11x45's and am a big fan of them. I also own a pair of Swarovski 8x30's. Today I went to a 3-D shoot and took the Bruntons, as they just show the scoring rings better. I take both pairs with me when hunting, the Swarovskis around my neck and the Bruntons in my pack to be used on the tripod.

I personally think that the optics on the Bruntons are superior to anything in their price range. I have also used their warranty department and was more than impressed.

$255 for the 11x45's is a rediculous price! I got a good deal on mine and paid considerably more than that.

Agreed, for $255 I don't think that you can do much better. I thought that the eternas were more like $450.

Where did you find some Bruntons for 255?

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-08 AT 11:08PM (MST)[p]Here's my decision. I finally made it to the city and looked through a variety of binos for quite some time. I compared Brunton 11X45's to Nikon Monarch 12X42's and similarly priced Bushnell legends. The Legends weren't even close but the Nikon and Bruntons were very close my favorite was the Brunton. Then I put them up against three in the 900.00 price range, Pentax, Zeiss and Steiner...In 100% honesty the Bruntons beat the Steiner and Zeiss and the Pentax were just equal not better.
You can find Brunton Eterna 10X32's at tactical-store.com and optics planet for under 240 and the 11X45's for under 290. There's no doubt I'm buying the Bruntons but for those who swear by the Monarchs I can see why they were awesome too.

Oh ya I also looked through a pair of 500.00 minox and just couldn't see why some folks on here rave about minox...just not for me I guess.

Congrats on your purchase. It sounds like you are more than happy. Your story proves that everybody's eyes are different.

HN11-

Interesting feedback, one of the few threads that I have read where the Bruntons get good feedback. Where are the Bruntons made? What country? The Minox, I believe are made in Germany and do tend to get good reviews. What is the Brunton warranty?

Thanks,

WP

WP,

I believe they're made in Wyoming. The warranty is the largest drawback to Brunton (Limited) Lifetime no transfer and only covers defects. Honestly I could've gone either way with these or the Monarchs but the Bruntons were more sturdy and I preferred the focus wheel over the Nikons. There is no question in my mind the Eternas and Monarchs are every bit as nice as the 800.00 optics I mentioned. When I stepped up to the counter at Sportman's and told the guy I wanted to compare these two to others he said "You're going to be amazed" He also said that their number one seller is the Monarch and it's their favorite under $800. They're no $1,500.00 Swaro's but I paid under three hundred and I'm pretty confident they'll match any $500-800.00 binos out there.

If you like the Eternas you should look through the Epochs. I picked up a pair of 10.5X43 last month on blowout price of $500 at Sportsmans warehouse. I looked through the big three before I purchased them and only the Swaros were a tad better. The clerk said they can't move them for $1500 because anyone who wants to spend that kind of money wants European glass-ego thing I guess. Bombproof pelican case included and the warranty on these are as god as they get. I have never seen much on this thread about Bruntons but I am excited to give these a go around this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom