Browning BLR

m_freeman

Anyone using the BLR? I like the idea of the breakdown model for traveling and backpacking through areas where tree huggers are camping. I could go for one in .270 or 7mm-08 if a guy could get hunting accuracy out to 300 yards. Anyone have experience with the BLR?

I've had two. An older model in 284 Win. and a current 308 take down with pistol grip stock. I like the newer one better. Smoother lock up and the 308 is very accurate to 300 yards at least for hunting purposes with Fed 165 grain Triple Shocks. I have taken it apart and it doesn't seem to affect the accuracy much. Well made rifle in my opinion.

>I've had two. An older
>model in 284 Win. and
>a current 308 take down
>with pistol grip stock.
>I like the newer one
>better. Smoother lock up
>and the 308 is very
>accurate to 300 yards at
>least for hunting purposes with
>Fed 165 grain Triple Shocks.
> I have taken it
>apart and it doesn't seem
> to affect the accuracy
>much. Well made rifle
>in my opinion.

nice, can't ask for more than that. Thanks

I have used the same BLR in .308 for over 20 years and have taken everything from moose to coyotes. Every time I think about getting a new rifle I have to ask why ? Accuracy has never been an issue even at extreme ranges. No amount of money could get me to part with my Browning.

I am hearing a lot of good reports on the BLR in .308 I wonder if that caliber lends itself to better accuracy, I am partial to 7mm-08 and .270 win as I have the reloading stuff.

My Wife is deadly with her BLR .243 that She bought when she was 16. You know, a .243 can't kill an elk (she's taken about 8 with it, all one shot kills)

>My wife has one chambered in
>.308. Awsome gun! It has
>proved its self to be
>a 300+ yrd gun over
>and over!

awesome can't ask for more than that from a light breakdown lever rifle.

I had an 81 BLR in 308. Cool mechanism, trigger was nowhere near what can be done with a bolt action. Since I'm particularly sensitive to trigger quality, I'd say the one on my BLR sucked. Maybe they are better now?

I had the 81 BLR in 308 also. I agree with Piker, the trigger on mine was so bad it hurt it's accuracy. It is the only Browning I don't regret getting rid of.

m_freeman, Go with the 7mm-08 if you like it. It's the same case as the 308. I haven't met an 7mm-08 yet that isn't accurate. I didn't know Browning made one in the BLR.

Elkoholic.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom