Broncos vs. Texans 12/22/2013

Roy

What an awesome day! Temps were in the 60's but dropped to the 50's, the wind was blowing so it actually got too cold for shorts and t-shirts! Wished I would have had a jacket - but it didn't damper our spirits. Here are the pics - hope you enjoy them. I figured this was cool enough to deserve it's own thread. Especially since Peyton got the record and we were there to see it. Too freaking awesome! Sure shut some of the loudmouth drunk Texans up!! I don't know how many times my kid told me it was the best day of his life - so yeah, it was SO worth it!

Anyway - here is our experience in pictures (BEWARE - LARGE AMOUNTS OF PEYTON KOOL-AID AHEAD - SIP AWAY!):

Tickets in hand:

5972100_0863.jpg

The old Astrodome - tearing it down. Kind of sad.

801100_0867.jpg

Lots of tailgaters:

6569100_0868.jpg

Crazy Broncos fans:

9334100_0871.jpg

And crazier Texans fans:

6503100_0878.jpg

Another shot of the Astrodome - before it is gone for good!:

2265100_0879.jpg

A view of Houston from our entrance, yeah Mulecreek - maybe those binos will come in handy after all!:

3227100_0883.jpg

The view from our seats - not bad actually! Better than most college games I have been to.

8379100_0884.jpg

Excited kid:

9351100_0889.jpg

Manning warms up:

6532100_0893.jpg

JJ Watt is a BIG dude!!

4079100_0897.jpg

Peyton goes to work:

3886100_0912.jpg

Great protection! Plenty of time to throw:

188100_0911.jpg

Texans in a delayed blitz look that Manning picked up pre-snap. 1st down!:

597100_0923.jpg

Peyton sets the record!!

3804100_0929.jpg

Getting congrats from the sideline:

3285100_0930.jpg

The stands were full until about 6 minutes left, until the score was 30-13.

7579100_0914.jpg

Then, after, not many Texans fans wanted to stay around to see Peyton get the record on their field. Mainly orange shirts were the only things left:

1456100_0931.jpg

Quite a good feeling to know your team run the opposing fans out of the building early! Lots of orange:

3233100_0933.jpg

Happy dad and happy son!

3858100_0936.jpg

Manning takes his exit - the last one off the field.

2064100_0944.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-13 AT 07:39AM (MST)[p]1911 - SHHHHHH!! My ward hasn't figured it out yet! LOL Nah, they understand this is about the boy - family comes first!

That said, we did catch an 8AM Sacrament meeting in Pearland and I made him listen to the scriptures on CD for a half hour on the way home.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

Perfect timing Roy! I have to admit, I didn't think Manning would be this durable. Denver has something special going on this year for sure.

A game to remember!

Eel

Great game seems like the turning point was when Adams got that
pic,And Denver turned it into 7.Manning took some big hits.
Von will get an MRI today,hope iturns out well.enjoyed the pics.

That was the exact turning point maez! You should have heard the crowd ragging on Schaub, they were happy and enthusiastic up until that point and the Texans had a chance. Right on that very play, a guy behind us was saying "I actually like our chances today! We are going to win! I am totally confident of that!!" Seriously, no sooner had he said that and BOOM. Schaub throws the INT and the Broncos scored a few plays later. Totally took the air out of that stadium. After the next TD, they started filing out. When Peyton broke the record with 4 minutes left to play, there were a lot more orange shirts in the stands than there were red and blue.

HOOK 'EM!

Great game to go to. To see an NFL record happen like that in person is awesome. I am a HUGE BRONCOS fan. I was jealous when I saw the video and then the pics. Way to go. Looked to be an awesome time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom