Broke my leg going into camp!!!

kingfish

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-08 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]Well, I rolled my ATV down a 150 foot enbankment and in the process broke my left fibula just under the knee cap. Destroyed a lot of my equipement in the wreck. I feel worse about screwing up the other guys hunts. My buddy took me to the hospital while my brother and his son piked up all the broken equipement. The amazing part about this story is the Yamaha Kodiak that ended up on it's side in the bottom of the ravine started up and they drove it out!!!!! I'm still not sure exactly why it happened I was just creaping along coming down the road side hilling it and she just rolled???? I know how to ride but I guess I just goofed. I go see my Orthapedic Wednesday. Thank goodness the guys decided to stay and hunt. I flew out of Sun Valley the next day. Be carefull fellas....

DAMN kingfish!!!

THATS A SELF INFLICTED TUNE-UP!!!

JUST KIDDIN!!!

HOPE YOU'RE O.K.???

AND RECOVER SOON!!!

YOU GONNA SUE YAMAHA???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

man that sucks,,,, heres to your speedy recovery,,,, we all take what we do for granted ,,,, its pretty darn easy to get hurt goof or a act of congress ? doesnt matter still hurts like hell ,,,,,,

Get well Kingfish, sorry to hear about the accident. Guess it could have been worse too, lucky that was not the case here.

Brian

KINGFISH,
SORRY TO HEAR THE TOUGH NEWS. The good thing is you'll heal up just fine and those same hills will be waiting on you come fall 2009. I'm glad nothing worse happened and wish you a strong recovery my friend...Larry

Wow Kingfish, sorry to hear but glad you're OK. I've had a big quad roll out form under me for no apparent reason. Sometimes it doesn't take much. So where you hunting that you ended up in Sun Valley? Trust me, the other guys are gonna be OK and will be just a little more careful as a result.

I hate to hear that! I am just thankful it wasnt worse! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you!

Drum

I'm still not sure exactly why it happened I was just creaping along coming down the road side hilling it and she just rolled???? I know how to ride but I guess I just goofed.

I think I know why it happened. You were on a yamaha. If it's the older straight axle model anyway. I had a 2000 Grizzly with straight axle and if you looked at it sideways it would tip over. That was the highest center of gravity, tippiest machine I've ever ridden. You could literally rock it back and forth on level ground by holding a handle bar and get wheels to come off the ground. I rolled mine several times. The slightest off camber side hill trail and she would tip. Anytime I tried to follow my buddies who were on other brand bikes I would get in trouble and they would think I was an idiot who couldn't ride until we switched bikes and they got to see for themselves. Now I drive a Honda Rubicon and it is very stable.

I think the new independent suspension yammys are better but I don't know firsthand.

Hope you start healing up and do a quick recovery.
Any chance of at least going back up and enjoying the camp?

Hope your buddys get some game.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

No chance to go back this year they are in Idaho and I am at home in Washington. Thanks for all the nice words. It could have been a lot worse. Atleast I get to be home with a great lady.. I guess I'll start planning for next year...Thanks fellas.

Good news!!! Compression fracture in the fibula under my left knee cap NO SURGERY!! 5 weeks on crutches is all. Thank God. Can't wait till next year...

Thats great news Kingfish.

Too bad your hunt ended early.

I had two 2000 Kodiak straight axles and they were always tippin over.

My uncle rolled a Timberwolf down a big mountainside once, fun to watch but all the metal racks came out well rounded. Amazingly it started right up and we drove away. Funniest looking wheeler you ever saw.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Oakbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom