BRIGHTON SKI RESORT INCIDENT!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
If Ye Forgive – 3 Nephi 13:14-15. 14 For, if ye forgive men their trespasses your heavenly Father will also forgive you; 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. There are many good reasons to forgive other people.

I think the trespassers should be forgiven.

Lot of government folks high on power these days.

Folks this is actually what starts to happen as rule of law is eroded. The officer realizes he actually no longer has law backing him up. He realizes he doesn't know what the law is anymore because it is changing daily by many different "leaders" who are subverting process and making up law as they go. Very often contradicting each other. All that is left is a frustrated guy yelling obscenities at kids because he is hoping it will scare them enough that they will hide in their homes like everyone else and he won't have to make executive decisions which jeopardize his job.

He was sweet as punch while it was being filmed. Hard to say what happened before that. Something sure set off the deputy? Wouldn't surprise me if the guy was lippy before the phone camera came out. If not, the cop sure needs some anger management training.

Tristate is spot on. Just because you don’t like the guy, doesn’t make the facts any less facts.

I don’t care what happened leading up to the incident. This isn’t 1935 Germany. He isn’t a member of the SS.

I support law enforcement but I do not support this.
Freedom needs to be defended and everything that’s going on right now in most states, is disgusting.
Threat of law enforcement from mayors and governors. Who the hell do these people think they are?

I feel for both sides.....the kid just wants to get out....where better than the out doors.....

The cop is given an order by his superiors to clear them out anyway he can.....BUT....he isn't supported by law....just important big shots shouting orders....

Sadly after this....if freedom lovers don't stand up and scream....we will get laws that we don't like....

And that a-hole cop ain’t even wearing mask while blowing crap his mouth. What jerk. I’d have told him wear to go.

I’m normally in complete support of law enforcement, but f$$k that cop. I don’t care what the kid did before, if you’re that upset, write him the appropriate ticket and move on.

You guys know how much lack of respect cops get treated with? I know from what we saw on the video the guy wasn't doing anything that warrants cop attitude. My guess is that the guy was a sarcastic prick before the camera showed up. I don't think most cops are going off the hook like that without being provoked. Just my 2 cents...
None of you with kids have ever accelerated your power/authority when your 13 year old kid smarts off?? Same thing here....IF the guy said some smartass stuff before the camera rolled.

that's the problem....write him a ticket for what????...LE is being put in a really bad spot. I don't want to not support them.....but I will not support bullshiiit

that's the problem....write him a ticket for what????...LE is being put in a really bad spot. I don't want to not support them.....but I will not support bullshiiit
If he really has proof he was trespassing, write him a ticket and move on. If he didn’t have any proof that he was trespassing, leave him the hell alone!

The best part was the female officer asking the filmer to stop filming and when he declines, she says, "okay"

Then she tries to block the angle so he holds the camera up higher ?

That cop needs to spend a year riding a desk while he reviews CDL licenses or something. It reminds me of the cop that accosted the nurse at UofU for not providing an illegal blood draw. I think he got fired for it.

I'm with Wiz here. Look close at the video. The kid keeps moving to his right making absolutely sure he stays in plain view of the camera, even side stepping and looking straight into it while talking to the officer. Make no mistake, this kid knew full well when the camera started rolling and isnt incriminating himself on film. Something tells me he was a punk, right up to the point his buddies phone came out. Maybe I'm wrong but I really do think there's more to this than what's seen.

I think it’s ridiculous when one cop tries to get in front of the camera to block the view. She clearly knew the officer was out of line but to gutless to step in, instead tries to hide the unprofessional foolish behavior.

BTW - Brighton Resort sits on National Forest land. All of it. There’s some ownership the resort has on buildings, equipment, etc, but not on the public land.
An officer working up there should know that and I’m sure he did. He’s just a bully.

Founder before you dig yourself a hole, re-read this caption that was given in the report of the incident.

Brighton ski resort in Utah is currently closed to uphill & downhill traffic due to Coronavirus.

Skiing and snowboarding at Brighton are currently considered trespassing – a misdemeanor offense.

Does not matter if it is national forest land. If the ski resort was granted control to operate their business, including the upkeep and grooming of the ski slopes, they may have the right to enforce trespass violations.

As for the officer. I am willing to bet the so called citizen was lippy with the officer prior to the filming and that set the officer off dealing with a mouthy smart a$$.
Still that does not excuse the officer's unprofessional conduct with the citizen. I have dealt with many mouthy Adam Henrys in my career. Instead of losing control and lowering myself to their level, I would just listen and smile at them until they crossed the line for a legal arrest and I got the last laugh.
In my state, I do not know if it is same in Utah, the officer has the choice of arresting or writing a citation for a misdemeanor. Needless to say, the lippy ones got a ride to the gray bar hotel.
That officer needs to attend a course in "verbal Judo" to increase his professional attitude towards the Adam Henrys he may have to deal with, He did act like a human and lowered himself to the level of the person he was dealing with and needs to maintain a higher level of conduct.
RELH

Just Think!

By Fall they'll be Trying to Keep all Big Game Hunters off of Public Land!

They'll Have Their Hands Full!

It'd Be Like Opening Morning of QUACKER Season at Farmington Bay!

Season doesn't Start till a Certain Time/Hour Opening Morning!

A Smart-Ass Caps a Round off an Hour Before Legal Season Starts!

Nothing but a ROAR of Gunfire!

1,000's of Hunters Breakin the Law & 3 Poor Bastards Get Citations!

BTW - Brighton Resort sits on National Forest land. All of it. There’s some ownership the resort has on buildings, equipment, etc, but not on the public land.
An officer working up there should know that and I’m sure he did. He’s just a bully.
[/QUOTE]

So is it ok to just walk up the MTN and ski wherever you want? On any Ski resort on national forest? Just asking for a friend.

Looks to me like another dickhead that shouldn’t have a badge ! If you can’t be professional and keep your composure you have NO place having a job in law enforcement period ! Don’t care what was said or done , I hope he loses his job.

I don't know where the kid was or the lease agreement that the ski resort has with the NF, so I guess the kid could have been trespassing somewhere. I don't know. My general understanding of ski resort leases is what I posted. I'm sure lease agreements vary some.
It's quite possible the dude was hiking up the hill and then boarding down through the terrain park, which he would be using ski resort owned property. Who knows. I shouldn't have implied the officer was doing anything wrong other than the going nuts on someone. That's pretty obvious.

Just Think!

By Fall they'll be Trying to Keep all Big Game Hunters off of Public Land!

They'll Have Their Hands Full!

It'd Be Like Opening Morning of QUACKER Season at Farmington Bay!

Season doesn't Start till a Certain Time/Hour Opening Morning!

A Smart-Ass Caps a Round off an Hour Before Legal Season Starts!

Nothing but a ROAR of Gunfire!

1,000's of Hunters Breakin the Law & 3 Poor Bastards Get Citations!
Some cop out there is licking his chops because he will be the only one with access to his honey hole this fall. Probably get paid to go up there and patrol it. Cops are people too.

The best part was the female officer asking the filmer to stop filming and when he declines, she says, "okay"

Then she tries to block the angle so he holds the camera up higher ?

That cop needs to spend a year riding a desk while he reviews CDL licenses or something. It reminds me of the cop that accosted the nurse at UofU for not providing an illegal blood draw. I think he got fired for it.
He did but consider this. A twenty something year cop in salt lake did not arbitrarily just decide to do that out of the blue. This was pretty standard protocol for many agencies until it happened. He was also acting on direction from his supervisor. In the end, cooler heads could have prevailed and alternate solutions made. For one, the hospital would have already taken a sample as soon as practical for medical treatment. After the fact, those results can be subpoenaed. My point is this was not a random, rogue, illegal, or isolated incident other than to say the nurse wasn’t backing down and neither was he.

Law enforcement evolves at a fast pace and on a daily basis. That was also a aggravating factor. Years ago, blood could be taken without a warrant under the short lived evidence clause. In about the last decade, that has changed due to E-warrants generally but not always, providing a readily available solution. This also has evolved in another long standing doctrine of taking blood from an unconscious subject under the implied consent doctrine. There are still some asterisks and exceptions; for instance location, access to phone or wireless, exigency circumstances and the list goes on.

At the end of the day the cop in this particular instance, was acting in the interest of the injured party who later passed away from injury. The scope of the evidence was in the interest of the victim and not a criminal action seizure. In other words for the civil liability which would follow, are long, drawn out, and imperative so the victim at the hospital would not be hindered in civil litigation trying to monetary relief from the other party. It’s a big deal. One might say it’s a captain obvious case if you know the details of this story, but I’ve seen civil cases go completely sideways for simple stuff.

With the evolution of law enforcement you need to be quick on your feet and maintain good situational awareness to survive these pitfalls. This cop let his years of procedure take over instead of seeking an alternate remedy.

Another example of this that I’ve seen over the years is the issuance of citations. It was standing SOP that if a violator didn’t sign a citation, they went to jail. That’s how it was. That’s how it always was. As you can imagine this most often went to some physical confrontation and YouTube has hundreds of example of where it went really sour. Finally someone was able to look outside of the habitual box and say we don’t really need a signature. Now, a cite is printed and given to the violator and no paper copy ever exists for the court side. That portion remains 100% electronic. It’s weird to look back and try to understand why it wasn’t similar all along.

These are just a couple of examples. That cop messed up, but not to the level the public condemns him of. Everything is easier judged out of the moment and in hindsight, with all the details or known, or with a knowledge of partial facts and details. Look at the Challenger NASA mission. A lot of well qualified actual rocket scientists allowed a launch that now anyone including the rocket scientists ask how the hell did anyone let that happen.

It also blows me away that in the year 2020, any cop gets the least bit worked up by someone filming them. If someone wants to film as long as they aren’t trying to interfere beyond filming, I say have at it.

Gotta Have a Camera on You 24/7/366 in this World We Live in!

One Slight Mistake Made!

And Then Some Panty-WAISTE Judge or Lawyer Gets the Guilty Off!

" In the end, cooler heads could have prevailed and alternate solutions made. "

Probably the most important statement in your post 1911, and very logical.

The cop that assaulted the nurse was off his rocker. He screwed up. He forgot the number one rule in society. It isn't in a law book anywhere. It isn't brought up at the morning meetings. And apparently his dad may have not told him. So he learned the hard way. I don't know if it is rule number one in the unwritten handbook of life but it is certainly in the top ten.

"Don't f*%! with our women"

It's the fastest way to get reprimanded, fired, beat up, and worse zipped into a bag. Every white man sees that video and sees someone's "grammy", or "momma", or worse "little girl". Just remember some fifty year old lady is always, and still, somebody's "little girl".

That officer physically abused a professional woman because she had the gall to call his bluff. That's the truth. He should have used his brain and he didn't. If you are going to arrest a professional lady you better do it delicately or you will run a high risk of bad things happening to you. His job requires him to use his brain when facing fluid dynamic challenges. He proved he could not do so and proved he was unfit to hold the badge. I hope he has found a good profession that suits his abilities better.

One of the reasons here in CA. our agencies are required to send it's officers to training every year for so many days in order to keep up with new laws and changes in procedures that 1911 mentioned above.
Another problem I observed in my career in law enforcement was the change made in lowering hiring standards to allow more minorities to qualify for hiring brought on by liberal politicians.

Back in the 70's it was the "CETA" program and my department had to hire several officers under that program with lowered standards. Of the three officers hired under "CETA" in it's first year, one washed out at the basic academy, one failed his probation program due to sub standard work performance. The third left our department for another sheriff's dept. and was arrested a year later for writing bad checks and fired from his job.
Now after the unrest and attacks on officers under the Obama years, most agencies have seen a strong decline in good candidates applying for entry into law enforcement and many departments are short handled and faced with hiring candidates that would never been hired under the older more strident guidelines.
RELH

One of the reasons here in CA. our agencies are required to send it's officers to training every year for so many days in order to keep up with new laws and changes in procedures that 1911 mentioned above.
Another problem I observed in my career in law enforcement was the change made in lowering hiring standards to allow more minorities to qualify for hiring brought on by liberal politicians.

Back in the 70's it was the "CETA" program and my department had to hire several officers under that program with lowered standards. Of the three officers hired under "CETA" in it's first year, one washed out at the basic academy, one failed his probation program due to sub standard work performance. The third left our department for another sheriff's dept. and was arrested a year later for writing bad checks and fired from his job.
Now after the unrest and attacks on officers under the Obama years, most agencies have seen a strong decline in good candidates applying for entry into law enforcement and many departments are short handled and faced with hiring candidates that would never been hired under the older more strident guidelines.
RELH

Once they rolled back the retirement and medical benefits for cops here in Cali there is no reason for a motivated, hard working, decent person to do that job anymore. It used to be about job security and retirement/medical. You knew you were secure, you knew when you would retire with a modest income, but you also knew you would never get rich.

Now the retirement is nothing special and can be changed at any time thanks to court decisions. Your in the same boat as private sector people now, without the money and other perks usually associated with better private sector jobs you would spend a career in.

I would never recommend any public safety position to my kids or anyone elses kids at this point......too much risk too little reward. Sad.

I Agree with Homer!

But it's Hard To Say what the PUNK-ASS did Prior to the Filming?
I do not agree with Homer but the PUNK-ASS doing something = Spot on. More. The kid filming this crap needs throat punched, then cuffed, stuffed and phone broken!

Last edited:
" The kid filming this crap needs throat punched, then cuffed, stuffed and phone broken!"

How do you come to that violent conclusion?

I am convinced the kid did something to deserve the tongue lashing but that officer needs to relax. Unless he is hand cuffing him he needs to maintain his distance. That 6' rule goes both ways. Yelling at him is not going to make him any smarter

How many people you hear these days say, "I wanna be a cop" compared to, "I would never be a cop these days." ?? Pretty sad about what RELH has brought up. Soft law enforcement has given the green light to douchbags everywhere to film themselved upstaging an officer to look like a badass. I hope karma comes to each and everyone of those douchebags.

What kind of cop tells someone to shut their f----king mouth?
Gestapo techniques Wow all that for trespassing? I am not sure but isn't that a misdemeanor?

We’re still better than other countries. I’ve seen a lot of videos out of India where their police whack people with sticks that are ignoring the corona lockdown. I know it’s wrong, but it’s kind of funny to watch. They give an offender a couple of shots and let them go. Some are really into it and use their whole body to deliver. It looks like the policy is no head shots allowed.

Police officers have difficult jobs and should generally receive the benefit of the doubt. That being said, they should act with the highest degree of professional in very difficult circumstances. We don't know what occurred prior to the beginning of that video but I still expect better behavior from our police officers. In this day and age, they should always assume that they are being videoed. In fact, many law enforcement agencies require officers to wear body cams while on duty in order to protect the officers from frivolous claims.

Hawkeye

How many people you hear these days say, "I wanna be a cop" compared to, "I would never be a cop these days." ?? Pretty sad about what RELH has brought up. Soft law enforcement has given the green light to douchbags everywhere to film themselved upstaging an officer to look like a badass. I hope karma comes to each and everyone of those douchebags.

I discount all first responders and military.

Having said that, I have 2 cop friends that retired. They are 45 and 46. Another has 4 years left. He's 38.

Give me a break. It's a tough job, sure. But let's not jump off the deep end. Not every cop patrols Compton.

If your patroling Brighton your life ain't super hard.

Without that badge that cop would get an ass beating.

Hossblur- Your buddies retiring didn't have the BS and disrespect over their 27 year career like the new guys just coming in now will have to endure. It seems to me that the disrespect has only really become apparent in the last 10 years or so. Yes, there are better than other places to work in.

Hossblur- Your buddies retiring didn't have the BS and disrespect over their 27 year career like the new guys just coming in now will have to endure. It seems to me that the disrespect has only really become apparent in the last 10 years or so. Yes, there are better than other places to work in.

Guys like this cop bring it on themselves.

Plus I disrespect them plenty. Bunch of Paul Blarts?

My feelings is that if you do not like cops, when you have problems don't bother to call them to bail your butt out. Now I will wait to see how many computer John Waynes respond to tell how bad A$$ they are and do not ever need a cop.
RELH

I'm lucky, I haven't had to call the cops. I didn't need to. They showed up on their own and threw my azz in the driveway and broke my shoulders while zip tieing my hands behind my back. First time in cuffs, I didn't quite know how to act. They weren't gentle at all :)

Oops, wrong address.

I don't blame the cops who responded, except for the a-hole state bull who I later learned picked my house after driving 9 miles one way down a gravel county road because he needed something to do on a Friday night. I'm such a patriot that I didn't even sue. All the cops in my family would have started pulling me over. LOL

But cops have a job to do and it doesn't necessarily include being your friend. And don't forget to get out there and paint big bright numbers on your mailbox.:)

Last edited:
My feelings is that if you do not like cops, when you have problems don't bother to call them to bail your butt out. Now I will wait to see how many computer John Waynes respond to tell how bad A$$ they are and do not ever need a cop.
RELH

I don't think anyone is talking about not liking cops. I think most people are just talking about this cop's behavior and the situations cops find themselves in.

By the way. The last 3 times I have called the police no one came. But I live in a giant corrupt municipality. ?

Never had to call the cops..take care of it myself..of course maritime law enforcement background has helped in my situations..

Tristate that is another pet peeve of mine. Citizens are entitled to good law enforcement. If you call, they better get there as soon as possible to prevent things from getting worse. Of the 5 sheriffs I worked under, 2 were worthless about giving good service to the public. All they did was lie to them and B.S. them until the voters wised up and got rid of them.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom