Bravo

BeanMan

Long Time Member
The Crew of Bravo sailed 1580 miles and made it to Southport, Australia from Suva, Fiji. It was a great trip and I'm glad I went, and grateful to come home.

Hasbean

Arthur Falcao with one of thre Mahi mahi we caught on the trip. We also caught one wahoo and one skipjack tuna.

Hasbean

Did You Eat them Bean?

And Did You have a NON-Resident Fishing License?:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Bess, Silly question, we were hungry and still twitching Mahi is awesome. Wahoo is great and Skipjack is just a fish.

Hasbean

>Bess, Silly question, we were hungry
>and still twitching Mahi is
>awesome. Wahoo is great
>and Skipjack is just a
>fish.
>
>Hasbean

Still Twitching Mahi,LMAO!:D

Mahi Sushi?

>Mahi Sushi?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Hell ya!

#livelikezac

I can't even imagine the preparation that has to go into an adventure like that. And the blind faith in your equipment and crew. You have bigger balls than me.

I have a bunch of video but am using Photobucket which doesn't seem to be able to load video. Any ideas about how to post video would be welcomed.

Here?s Arthur at the bow at sunset. The sea is much clamer than the previous days which were in the 35MPH and 20 foot sea range. We are using a 150% Genoa (very big headsail) because the wind is now almost too light at 10 mph to go anywhere fast. After ten days at sea we are interested in getting there fast.

Hasbean

Arthur at the wheel and myself snoozing. We had 4 hour night wacthes and then two hour steering watches during the day. As a result sleep became precious so we all snoozed whenever and wherever. At night we used the autopilot. It did not steer as straight so we lost timie and as a result we hand steered during the day to hopefully have a straighter line. I was by far the worst at steering, maybe not even as good as the auto pilot. I get distracted easily I guess.

Hasbean

we had two handlines and one fishing pole out during the day, if it wasn?t too rough. We sailed between 7 and 4 knots which is slower than optimal for trolling but our goal was to catch food rather than sport fishing. Here?s a mahi mahi with it's fighting colors showing. The second it dies the bright green and yellow fades, almost like having the colors poured out of a bucket.

Hasbean

When we had good wind we were trying to go fast and as a result you live life on a pretty steep angle. All sleeping, cooking, and everything is more difficult like this. Sometimes when it was my turn to cook i wouldn't feel like eating for a while after I was done.

Hasbean

I'm at the helm on one of our windy and nasty sea days. You can see I'm a bit wet, having just been smacked in the head by spray from a wave. We were wet and damp for several days in a row when the weather was unsettled.

Night watch, we each had 4 hour watches which rotated every day. Someone was awake and in the cockpit 24 hours a day. We needed to have someone ready to change sails or be ready for anything that might happen. we only saw 5 freighters during the 13 days of ocean sailing. We didn't want to get run over by one of those. I'm wearing a inflateable harness with an epirb in it's pocket and have a safety line clipped into a hard point in the cockpit. That way if you did go overboard at night at least they could reel you in when they found you if you couldn't haul yourself back aboard while everyone else was sleeping. It sounds dramatic, no one came even closed to going overboard but we talked and joked about it.

Hasbean

Life on board a 35? long sloop that is 11.5 feet at it's widest got cramped at times. Obviously you couldn't get off and go for a walk. We all got along really well, of course, you know you have to, so we all made that effort.

Hasbean

Do they Have any HOT Chicks that offer Trips like this?

>Our Bean .. Haz Bean in
>University Math Classes. Hence a
>link to a story to
>answer Eel's post about Planning
>such a Trip.
>
>Please read: https://www.boats.com/resources/the-truth-about-unsinkable-boats/
>
>And here we know Ole Eel
>wonders out into the Ocean,
>alone and in a thin
>tub + He Races with
>the Coast Guard. Bean has
>one big trip, Eel, has
>endless Trips.
>
>"I" would/will follow both men...anywhere &
>with FULL TRUST.
>
>Jagerdad :)

Jager, you better just trust Hasbean. We're still trying to figure out how to teach Great White sharks how to look with their eyes and not with their teeth.

71981shark2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-18 AT 01:22PM (MST)[p]Darned few, I imagine. I found this boat through findacrew. There are all sorts of people looking for crew, and crew looking for boats. In my case I ws looking for a boat that would not charge me to crew, I did pay for my share of the food but not for passage. Andy was just looking for an experienced person to help with sailing Bravo to Australia. I did have to pay for airfare etc.

Hasbean

Eel ,,, In Post #7 above you mentioned Bean as having bigger Ball's than you... If the Great White Shark that bit into your tiny plastic boat (Picture above) and the Shark did NOT bite your Ball's off on that day, you indeed have the largest set. Bean might agree.

I have fished way out along Gum-Drop and tangled with those Shark's. I peed my panties each time. Give's me chills just typing this.

Jagerdad :)

Bess, it would a International license out there on the high seas. Besides, we ate the evidence before we hit any ports.

>
>Did You Eat them Bean?
>
>And Did You have a NON-Resident
>Fishing License?:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>