Boys, Grandpas and Speed Goats

DidIDraw

Just getting around to posting a great hunt.

I wanted my sons to have a fun hunt with their grandpas so I put us all in together for Wyoming antelope.

The boys had two days off from school so we hunted Oct 1-3.

The antelope hunting was great and the weather was nearly perfect.

My 13 year old, Parker was the first to score. He and I made a 1/2 mile stalk on a very pretty buck. This was his very first hunt so it was extra exciting. We got within 125 yards and peaked up through the sage. The antelope immediately spotted us and started walking towards us. Parker showed great poise and held off until he had a standing broadside shot. He made a perfect shot and the buck went right down.

How about that smile?

4ada48cd4b735442.jpg

4ada49ab4f68972d.jpg

My 16 year old took off with grandpa chasing some other bucks we had seen. About 30 minutes into field dressing Parker's antelope a shot rang out. Josh had snuck to the top of a hill and caught a buck napping across the canyon and shot him in his bed at 235 yards - the buck didn't even attempt to stand.

4ada4dd465561c1a.jpg

The next morning we found this great buck that my father in law shot. This was the biggest buck we got on the trip 14 1/2 inches with 5 1/2 inch prongs.

4ada4e2d66dd018b.jpg

My step dad was the last to punch his tag and he got a good buck. He shot at the last shooting light the evening before we left.

4ada4c2e5b36bc15.jpg

4ada4e5e677a4fb5.jpg

While we were in the area we paid a visit to Devil's Gate and Martin's Cove. Interesting how fun gets put into perspective when visiting a place like this. Very hallowed ground.

4ada4eeb6b712c9e.jpg

4ada4fc76e44d4f7.jpg

Happy hunting to all of you. Thanks again to those who helped me choose this area for antelope! Hopefully I'll have some more to post before this season is over!

That is great to see right there!!! Congrats to all on the fantastic hunt of a life time & the nice looking Antelope!!!

Great pictures of all of you - congrats on some fine antelope bucks. Thanks for posting those, the long wait begins until we all get to chase them again next year:)

There is nothing better than a great hunt with family. Enjoy these times.

DidIDraw

Great family photo's boss, looks like four generations carrying on the traditions of their fathers.

Improves the looks of those handsome antelope to have happy young hunters grinning with the results of a successful stock

Congratulations to a great hunting family. DidIDraw, you got it figured out sir. Thanks for sharing.

DC

Thanks for all your kind comments.

Lots of great people on this site - haven't met most of you in real life but I'd be happy to share a camp fire with you anytime.

looks like you all had lots of fun.
you were in my stompin grounds but i'm normaly hunting coyotes on suns and the dumbell ranch as well as the pathfinder ranch.
if i'd have know you were coming i'd have liked to stop in and said hi.
next year i should start hunting antalope again but the seasons interfear with my deer and elk hunting.
i like meeting the people from here and predator masters.
hunting with kids is way more fun then hunting for yourself but my kids have grow and grandkids are not of age yet.

looks like a great hunt .how did your idaho deer hunt go? sorry i didn't get back to you.

>looks like a great hunt .how
>did your idaho deer hunt
>go? sorry i didn't get
>back to you.

Lots of fun. My son shot a 3x3 and was really pumped. We saw dozens of younger bucks but nothing I wanted to shoot.
How did you do?

DidIDraw, You are to be congratulated for bringing the boys and their grandpa's together on this hunt!! Great idea and your kids will thank you for it long down the line...

I too hunted lopes in you zone and area. Though we saw many nice buck lopes, it looks like you took several of the nicer ones before we got there to look them over on the 8th.

Congrats to all, great job and well done!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom