Box Elder / Grouse Creek Antlerless Elk

Genome

Hello All -

I drew an antlerless elk tag for the Box Elder / Grouse Creek unit this fall. I understand that most of this unit is private land and access would be difficult. I've asked UDF&W for a list of landowners with no luck, can anyone provide any guidance or recomendations on how to gain hunting access in this area. I would be willing to pay a tresspass fee if the opportunity presented itself.

Thanks in advance for the help

Genome

Call some of the Elk CWMU operater's in the area. If they won't let you pay a tresspass fee maybe they can get you in contact with some of the other land owners in the area. You can find CWMU operater's numbers on the DWR's web site under Big Game info. CWMU's

To avoid any confusion... Your tag is absolutely not valid on any CWMU.

That unit has a good amount of public land. Moreover it has public land that holds elk. Do some scouting up high high high!

Thanks Guys -

Good info regarding the CWMU. My scouting time will be limited as I'll be traveling from California. I spoke with an Outfitter who recommended that I concentrate on the Grouse Creek area and as you said look high. Any general areas that you could recommend we begin our search, again this will be my first time hunting in Utah.

Regards
Darren

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom