bounty explanation??

smitty

Very Active Member
Alright, I have to admit that I haven't done my homework, but I'm wondering if someone can explain to me the new coyote bounty rules? I've heard you need ears, lower jaw,GPS coordinates, and to register with the state to be eligible to collect the new $50 bounty.

WTF??? Do they want some dead dogs or not??

Please explain.

*EXPLANATION*

UDWR makes chit way harder than it should be.

Average Joe takes it in the arse once again... oh and he pays the $5 tag fee increase as well...

Come on SMUT!

It's a Study and the TARDS do all the work!

They wanna see how many 'Big Coyotes' will be turned in!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-12 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]Here is a letter that was sent to the dwr. i dont know who sent it but when i got it, it also had some state reps and senators on it

Subject: Coyote bounty

Like all of the state Programs and bureaucracy. You government leaches make things more complicated than they really should be. A dead Coyote is a dead coyote, but you think you can make it more expensive to call it a study. Registering and documenting the location and keeping records on the dead animal until Sept. is total bullsh*t. A coyote is a filthy vermin ridden animal. I do not want to touch one, much less skin or keep the carcass. You government types can find a way to make this non effective just like everything else you do. The state voted to kill coyotes, not create hundreds of jobs for you pricks.

Big 6, you're smarter than than that. No politicians are going to have their name on such language. I bet someone put their names to it. Be very skeptical of what you read on the internet.

Second, In my opinion some controls are necessary because a larger percent of the hunting public are not as honest as they used to be.

Yes elkun!

Yellowstone big!

You made me Splain it!

>is that like yellowstone big??

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Cannonball i should have explained better about there names being on it. what i meant is there names were on the list of who it was forwarded and sent to. i dont know who started th email there names had been blocked/deleted.

www.hightopoutfitters.com

Personally, I don't have a problem with the regs. No one says that you have to turn in every coyote that you shoot. If you don't like to touch them, then leave them. If you want to collect the bounty then you need to put in a little extra effort. If you don't think the extra effort it worth $50 then don't bother and just enjoy smoking some yotes. We are all on the same team here and if the 50 dollars helps get a few extra coyotes killed then great! Either way I'll be out there trying to smoke a few........ all the haters can just stay home.

The new bounty will be a contract type situation. There will be large contracts (100-200 dogs) for people that can flat out kill dogs and have proven they can do so. They have also talked about issing smaller contracts (5 dogs) for others. Each contract will have a boundry to insure that the dogs taken are taken in areas that hold deer and not just some dog thats feeding on rabbits in the nevada desert.I don't know how they will determine how gets the better spots but maybe they have worked that out by now.So in a nutshell you will need to be a contracted coyote killer to get the 50.00 bucks.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-12 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-12 AT 02:03?PM (MST)

Will the names and address of the people who collect on the bounty be made public?

Also...

Rule #3
Check in the coyote's lower jaw and either the full pelt or the scalp (with both ears attached). Coyote ears will be marked by the DWR to prevent double payments. Disposal of carcasses is the responsibility of the program participant.

So just carry some grocery bags and a sharp hand ax. Cut there head off and Rule # 3 in taken care of right?

I see Coyote skulls going for as much as $70 dollars on the net.
Maybe they could sell some of the heads in bulk and stretch the bounty money out some.

Check out these sites. I guess there are people out there with more money than brains. There must be quite a market for them because there are dozens of these site selling them.
http://www.skullsunlimited.com/record_variant.php?id=3217
http://skullforsale.com/coyote-skull/
http://www.chichesterinc.com/CoyoteSkulls.htm

Dax, thanks for the update. The terms I posted were brought up at the first board meeting.Sorry I've been out of the loop on this for awhile. Looks like the new terms are much more loose than those orginally put on the table.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom