Boundary Waters?

bullskin

Very Active Member
I have decided to take a trip to the Boundary Waters wilderness this summer. I am under the gun to make a decision regarding exactly where, and I am hoping that some MMers can point me in the right direction. My primary interests are to find secluded and unoccupied camping spots--it' no fun showing up near dusk to find no place to camp--and catch a few walleye and pike. I will have about seven days time and my family can comfortably cover 50 miles in that time. Thanks for any advice you have.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-19 AT 05:48AM (MST)[p]6 of us and our biology teacher took this route in high school.

https://clearwaterhistoriclodge.com/canoe-routes-and-campsites/knife-lake-route/

Course that was when Dorothy was still alive. Her homemade root beer was like nothin I've ever had. I heard they took her cabin down after she passed and put it back up in town and you can tour it. I'd recommend at least a day in Ely before puttin in. Theres several guide services in town that will give you good advice, maybe something that's even better suited to what your lookin for. The town has a lot of history worth takein in. I'd save a day on the back end to drive up the north shore to see Grand Marais and beyond. You're not far from Itasca either where you could see the headwaters of the Mississippi. Don't know if your rentin canoes or bringin yer own. If yer bringin yer own make sure they've got good portage yokes. I'd have rod holders as well and have a spoon in the water when yer paddlein across the middle of the lake headed to the next one. Good maps and a GPS, that country can get to all lookin alike. I wish I woulda spent more time in there when I lived up there. Dont forget the bug spray if yer goin in much after mid June.

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom