Boots

Hiker of the Woods

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Asolo boots and was wondering what pair anyone would suggest getting out of these. I have a wide foot and wear a 13 in all my Danner?s and Rockey?s. Are the Asolo?s wide and would I still get a size 13? Thanks for the help.

Asolo Power Matic 200 GV Gore-Tex Hiking Boots

Or

Asolo TPS 520 GV Hiking Boots

Here are the three boots I am looking at:

Lowa Banff Pro (Wide Width) $280

Asolo Sasslong (Original Price $250) Sale Price $170

Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hiker (Original Price $305) Sale Price $295

I have read hundreds of reviews on the internet and all 3 boots seem great. The price of the Asolo's looks even better. What would you all do?
Here are 3 more pairs of boots that I need to go and read all the reviews on. Does anyone have any experince with these boots?

Cabela's "Perfekt?" 10" Hunter Boots by Meindl (Reg: $230) Sale: $172

Cabela's Denali? Hunting Boots with Fit IQ by Meindl $250

Cabela's Alaska Hiker Boots by Meindl $260

stay away from the alaska meindl IMO! have you checked out Zamberlans?

ridgeline outdoors prostaff
blacks creek guide gear prostaff

Well with some extra cash that I just got I plan on looking at getting the (Lowa Hunter Extremes $320) or (Zamberlan 967 LHASA BOOT GT RR $350). The Lowa's are 400 insulated and the Zamberlan are uninsulated. I have never had insulated boots and may find it nice for the late season hunting, scouting, and hiking. Would the 400's be to hot in the summer or would a person not really be able to tell the difference?

Well I decided to buy the Lowa Tibets. The Tibets were not my first choice, but I will list some reasons why I went with them.

1. The Lowa Tibets were uninsulated.
2. Vibram soles.
3. No stitching on Gore-Tex
4. Came in a wide boot.
5. Great ankle and arch support.

My first choice would have to be the Lowa Hunters. I don't think there is another boot out there that compares to the Lowa Hunter. The only problem is the insulation that would not make it the best boot for spring and summer. The Lowa Hunter gives amazing arch and ankle support with the most comfort I have ever felt with a boot. This is the best boot on the market; hands down. They just need to make them un-insulated.

The Zamberlan Lhasa would be a close second to the Lowa Hunter boot. The only reason I can not say the Zamberlan Lhasa is at the same quality of the Lowa Hunter is the fact that they only come in a regular/medium width and I have a wide foot. I will have to wait and see if the Zamberlan Lhasa ever comes out with wide boot to really compare them to the Lowa Hunters. I like how light of a boot the Lhasa?s are and how they come with the Vibram soles as well.

The Kenetrek boots would come in third. I have heard from reviews, members on hunting forums, and from an outdoor company that sales all these boots; that the soles on all the Kenetrek boots do not last as long as the Vibram soles on the Lowa?s and Zamberlan boots. The Kenetrek?s also only come in a regular/medium width unless you want a 400 grain insulated boot (which I did not).

I would really like to see these companies make more WIDE UN-INSULATED BOOTS in all their models in the future. That is when I will buy my second pair of boots and they will either be Lowa Hunter?s or Zamberlan Lhasa?s.

are you serious $300++ pluss for a pair of boots?

I have never paid more then $120 for cabelas boots. I wear them all day long every day for work and I also use them for hunting.
They will last me about a year and a half. I however will replace the inserts once or twice.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom