boone and crockett scoring ???

36moose

went on the boone and crockett website and was impressed with how easy and how well they explain how to score your animals. just type in all the measurments with detailed explanations on where and what to measure hit enter and there your score sheet is.my buddy drew a wasatch tag and wants to set his goal at 310 or bigger. we measured up his biggest and came up with 271 1/2 gross 253 3/8 net. my question is how much should he add to the score when he posts pictures on internet hunting forums? is the regular 30 inches enough or should he go more? he has a great holding his arms out ,way back behind the critter pic where i think we can call him a legitimate 330. or should he play it safe and just call it an even 300.i know it is against the laws off the internet to ever post pics of a bull that is not at least 300 and he would hate to be near the bottom of the spectrum.so to properly stroke his ego i think we should add 50 inches and add at least 150 yards to the kill shot story. what are your thoughts. sorry if you read through all of this i have a bad case of nothing but unsuccesful and general tag blues.

LMAO, you got me. I really thought this was going to be a real post. I am in the same boat as you. I hold an annual pitty party every year after the draw results come out

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

just had this conversation the other night, if your photo is going in muleycrazy...i think you have to add a mandatory 30 inches to any mule deer...

Don't forget the Multiplication Factor!

X it by 2!

If the animal came from the NE Region the Multiplication Factor is X 3!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Just add the spread credit to the score and you will be fine..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Also make sure to measure the G6, you know that extra after the G5. Measure the bases instead of between the G1 and G2 and the widest outside spread even if its at a 45 degree angle. Remember too if it had 4 legs 2 eyes and 2 ears plus the 2 nose holes you can include each of those as a point but that might be stretching it a bit. Those are real measurements and certainly well help get those extra 30-50 inches.

Todd Black

Visit our YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulls4bto?feature=mhum

I really like Muley Crazy magazine but that is the one thing that I dislike the most. There are some scores in there that are not even close. Surprised they would put them in there actually. Another problem I know of is the actual scoring of the animal. Most people don't know how to do it right. I have a buddy who I cannot convince otherwise that measures up and around the prong on an antelope. 100% wrong but he thinks he is right and shoots several 80+ bucks, just ask him. When I think an animal scores really well I try and always get someone else to score it as well. I was fortunate and shot a good muley in CO last year that I taped at 204 6/8 and my buddy at 205 2/8 so I felt we were right there on the score. Some people just don't get it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom