Boone and Crockett reticle

foundation

Very Active Member
I was wondering if any body has had any experience with the Boone and Crockett reticle . I was thinking about buying the 4.5-14 long range VX-3 . It is my understanding the scope can be calibrated for longer ranger cartridges . Does any body know how good the whole calibrated system works . Thanks .

Go to their website. You have to dig a little. Basically I think you will find the answer is, they can't change the reticles, but you can change the way you sight it in to be close. Now they do have the varmint reticle with is set up for, basically a 22-250 shooting something like 3400 fps.

There website is a pain to save links on so start at their main page Try to start here at their reticles page:

https://www2.leupold.com/products/reticles.htm

Here is another good reference point I found:

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/news_leupold.asp?area=news

Good Luck!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-07 AT 11:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-07 AT 11:41?PM (MST)

Here is what I found out. It works for my 300 Win Mag. There is 2 triangles and you pick one of them based on caliber and bullet and then look at a chart they provide for proper zero whether 200 or 300 yards. Thank goodness we are still on yardscause if we ever go to meters I'll be lost. Anyway, I use the big triangle, which happens to be full power 10X on my 3.5x10x40mm, and sight my gun in using the cross hairs at 200 yards. Next I shot the gun at 300 yards using the same 10x setting but this time the first hash mark of the B&C reticle and it dang near hit in the 9 ring. Pleased as punch. I don't have access to 400 or 500 yards to shoot but that is too far anyway. I got the varmint reticle to test next.

Edited to add. This is not an exact substitute for a custom reticle but is intended to put you close enough for government work

Edited to also add, I really like the way the reference point is tapered to the middle to give a finer point of aim!
cold dead hands

I have the VX-3 4.5X14 40MM with the B&C Reticle. I shoot a 30-06 Remington Model 700 BDL, with 150 grain Hornady Light Mag Ammo. With this load & rifle combination, sighted in dead on at 200 yards with the top crosshair,it is right on with the other crosshairs out to 400 yards. I am extremely pleased with it. It has made long range shooting for me a lot easier.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

I also have the 4.5-14 VX III B&C reticle! I have it mounted on a Tikka 300 WSM. Excellent scope, Shoots very well out to 450, 3 inch groups! Couldn't be happier!

I have the 4.5-14x50mm with the B&C Reticle. It's mounted on a 300 RUM Sendero. Love the scope, however, I haven't had alot of time or cash to sight in the lower cross hairs. Right now I'm sighted in for 300 yards. I took a deer last year at 147 yards, (1 shot) and an elk last year at 350 yards. (one shot) Love the set up though. I'll have to look into getting those lower crosshairs dialed in for next year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom