Book Cliffs Snow!!!

Daxter

Very Active Member
FYI let anyone you know that has a late bull or cow tag on the Book Cliffs to come prepared for lots of snow. I was out there today and it is freaking amazing. It looks like it did in the middle of the winter of 2007/2008. I only went as high as Big Park, and can't imagine what it might be like on the divide or in the roadless. Tell folks to be prepared for deep snow, and probably for some really muddy roads if it warms up much in the next couple weeks. Wow.

Dax

Hey Dax about how much was at big park, I havent made it out there yet but was wondering.

I herd there was 12"s in some of the lower country.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I was pushing snow with my bumper, I would say it was 14"-16" at big park with drifts to 2 feet. I didn't see squat for deer. Kind of funny, last week they were climbing over the tops of each other by the hundreds to get at the water holes, and last night during prime time I saw maybe a 2 dozen deer. The snow was light, and I bet it melts down quick, but the roads are going to be messy.

Dax

Wow thats alot, Im headed out there tomorrow to try and get some pics of some bucks, will post any good ones I get up on here.

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Didnt see a whole lot, and the trip ended up being a unit 21 elk scouting trip cause my dad has a 4th season elk tag for there.

Will be going out again though and if I see anything worth posting up I will do it.

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom