Bonus Tags vs. Total Tags

BrowningRage

Long Time Member
I have looked at draw odds repeatedly since joining this sight and have never asked what the difference is between the "Bonus Tags" and the "Total Tags" listed on our "Hunt Draw Odds" page...??

This is for Book Cliffs deer.

From what I've always seen- it looks like half of all tags are divied out starting at most points and working down until they are gone, then the remaing tags are given out pretty evenly to the remaining points pools... it looks like there are roughly 20 tags given to each points pool down to 2 bonus points, then it tapers off...

Is this how the DWR gives out the tags..? I never looked into it really. If i have 7 bonus points I don't really have an advantage over someone with 6 bonus points..??

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-11 AT 09:38AM (MST)[p]Half go to the highest bonus point holders. Then the other half can be drawn by anyone. If you go into the draw with nine bonus points the computer gives you nine random numbers for the bonus points you have, and one for that years application. You then have ten random numbers, your low number is used in the draw. Everyone else works the same way. To really see the importance of bonus points you need to be a max point holder in the pool of applicants. Having bonus points can help with the 50% of tags left in the draw that anyone can get, but usually you can't see it on paper.

Thanks Dillon... It looks like our "hunt draw odds" chart is not quite the same as that of the DWR- But I still love having it...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom