Bolted antlers - Must Read

A

archerelk

I really hope pictures come out on this... What an idiot!!!!!!

Vt. hunter busted for bolting antlers on dead doe
7 hours ago

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) ? A man who bolted antlers to the head of a dead doe and posed for a photograph with the deer was fined $400 and jailed for game violations.

Marcel Fournier, 19, shot the deer the evening of Nov. 22 and used lag bolts and epoxy to attach a 10-point rack, officials said. He then checked in the kill as lawful game at Barnie's Market.

It's illegal to kill an antlerless deer, and it's also illegal to hunt at night.

The Concord resident admitted to the killing and led a game warden to the deer's remains after an anonymous caller alerted authorities. Fournier said he had "quite a time" drilling and fastening the antlers, authorities said.

Game warden David Gregory said the antlers didn't look or feel right.

"When you grabbed them, you'd feel movement," he said.

Col. David LeCours, chief warden of the state Department of Fish and Wildlife, said the size of the antlers relative to the size of the deer seemed off.

"Something wasn't natural about them, in addition to the fact that they weren't natural," he said.

Fournier was sentenced to 10 days in jail Feb. 18 for taking a deer in a closed season. He won't qualify for a state hunting, fishing or trapping license for at least three years.

LeCours said add-on antlers are the stuff of legend, but that it's the first documented case of it in Vermont.

Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com

Good lord - there is an idiot born every minute isn't there!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

...for the sake of society I hope they also sterilize him while he's serving his sentence...

>Didnt use enough duct tape.

LMMFAO....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That story made me laugh.

I remember one time my Dad shot a fair four point buck. We wired on some sheds we had found, making him appear to be a monster buck. Of course we propped him up in the back of the truck to make him a little easier to see. Had lots of looks and near accidents driving down Main Street that night...That's how you add antlers to a deer.

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

Good story, thanks for posting. I have lived in Colorado for 11 years but cut my teeth shooting whitetails in IL with a shotgun. Until 3-4 years ago every deer killed in IL had to be ?checked in.? The check in stations were generally manned by a biology student from the nearest college. They aged em all and asked a bunch of questions. One evening we drank a few beers and then lagged a set of horns to a doe that had an either sex tag on it. Off to the check station we went. There was a big line at the local state park and we got a bunch of compliments (from other hunters) on such a fine buck. There were even a couple of smiling hunters propped up against the bed rails when the young man at the check station climbed into the bed of the truck to slice the jaw and age the deer. He just smiled to himself, chuckled softly, shook his head and told us we had a very unique animal. Off we went. Those other fellars must have had way more to drink.

Next time use gorilla glue and wait 30 min. What an idiot
Good Luck and Great Memories

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom