Bolt action .22 mag.

Anaconda

Very Active Member
Any recommendations on a bolt action .22 mag ?
I want a good rifle, but would like to keep it under $400
Should I just stick with a $200 marlin, or is there something better.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-10 AT 06:18PM (MST)[p]I have a marlin 22lr that I cleaned my dads stash of 20,000 or more out. Love the gun.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The Ruger 77/22 is a nice bolt action and comes .22 mag,I dont know what the cost is though.

Hard to beat that Marlin...I have one thats seen thousands of rounds and a lotta miles in a ranch pickup. Still a tackdriver and has killed a ton of prairie dogs.

savage/anchutz 22 bolt...........
west german built and a quality built gun.............
its took more heads off small game than i can count......
the most accurate gun in the cabinet.........
if you miss within range,you pulled/yanked or jerked...........

soon the love in his heart will be the rage in his fist

Jesus is coming and boy is he pissed

4b4654d74c2d46ca.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-10 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]I have a Savage .22 WMR I would consider selling you :). It has a synthetic stock and stainless heavy barrel and action. Also has a Tasco scope. I've shot about 1 magazine through it and it is in excellent condition. It's NOT an Acccutrigger. Pretty sweet shooting gun!

Like some of the others I have an old Marlin 22 mag that is unbelievable accurate. I put a Leupold 4x scope with a dot reticle on it years ago it has claimed the lives of countless ground squirrels. Great rifle.. ugly but it sure does shoot.

I'll second that. CZ 452. They used to run from 250-500+ $ depending on what stock/finish you got.

Anaconda.... I have a Ruger K77 22vbz in 22 mag ($475.00) and the trusty Marlin bolt action ($100.00), I have killed multiple Yotes, foxes, Bobs, Rabbits, Prairie dogs and other varmints with both. They are awesome accurate little rifles that can do some serious damage..

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b57672162a9d18a.jpg

I have a marlin bolt action 22 mag and it is a tack driver. Easily accurate enough for small game out to 100 yards with a 4x scope. At 50 yards 5 shots typically make one ragged hole.

Jody

I've had the Ruger bolt action .22 mag for about 15 years and its crazy accurate. I'm talking 1 inch groups at 100 yards. The trigger comes a bit stiff, but that can be fixed.

My Dad has a Savage with the accutrigger that really shoots. I liked it so much I decided to buy one, but when it came time to buy I got a wild hair and bought a .17 hmr instead. I got the heavy barrel in a wood stock and it is really good looking and shoots well. The .17 hmr does a number on prairie dogs. I can't complain about the Savage with the Accutrigger, I would recommend the rifle to anybody. I have had experience with Ruger and CZ in magnum rimfire calibers as well, I think they are nice rifles, but not 2x as nice as the Savage.

Dax

Marlin bolt action. It's been used, probably abused, and is still a tack driver. Many boxes shot through it.

I have a marlin 25mn that I love. It shoots very tight groups with anything that CCI loads. The best is the 40gr TMJ.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom