Bogus DUI arrests?

feddoc

Long Time Member
Uh oh. Any of you folks know her?

http://start.toshiba.com/news/read.php?rip_id=<[email protected]>&ps=931&page=1

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) ? During her 10 years as a Utah state trooper, Lisa Steed built a reputation as an officer with a knack for nabbing drunken motorists in a state with a long tradition of teetotaling and some of the nation's strictest liquor laws.

Steed used the uncanny talent ? as one supervisor once described it ? to garner hundreds of arrests, setting records, earning praise as a rising star and becoming the first woman to become trooper of the year.

Today, however, Steed is out of work, fired from the Utah Highway Patrol, and she ? and her former superiors ? are facing a lawsuit in which some of those she arrested allege she filed bogus DUI reports.

"If we don't stand up to Lisa Steed or law enforcement, they just pull people over for whatever reason they want," said attorney Michael Studebaker.

Steed declined to comment, but her attorney Greg Skordas said she denies the allegations. She is trying to get her job back.

she got caught lying, she is done.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LOL!!!! That story is at least 2 months old......I just thought you Utards were covering it up!

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

never...ever trust a Bull Dyke.......

Limit all US politicians to two terms.. One in office
One in prison ......
Illinois already does this, and it seems to be working for them.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-13 AT 04:22PM (MST)[p] OLD NEWS!!! find another /better story ;-)
I know her, and that's all I am going to say!!!

Not a very good story. Our local paper had her story in todays news. It may cost the state of Utah many millions of dollars as they are looking back to 2006 on arrests and a attorney is looking to start a class action law suit if enough clients comes forward after hearing about several lawsuits already in the process.
I would not be surprised if 100 persons jump on the lawsuit bandwagon with the smell of big money. Many good Utah cops will take heat over this one bad cop that UHP fired.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom