Bobcat

S

sneekeepete

I was fortunate enough to trap a mature Bobcat this morning. It is in great shape and very healthy I am considering having it mounted. Any suggestions on a Taxidermist would be much appreciated.

Pete

Located in North Carolina right now but will be moved back to central Utah in less than a year. So I'd like to get it to a Taxi closer to home if at all possible.

Wayne Miller is located in Michigan and usually doesn't do commercial work ,but with this economy who knows?

[email protected]

His bobcats are unreal, some of the best to be found anywhere at any price.

bobcat1083.JPG

bobcat1006.jpg

mknbgffdd.png

bobcat1342.JPG

bobcat1371.JPG

bc34jf8.png

bobcat1311.JPG

bobcat1133.jpg

bccnf7.png

bobcat1131.JPG

bc2xi.png

Phil Soucy of Libby Mt did my Lynx, it is stunning, it took 2nd place at the world championships in Reno a few years back.

l1mc8.jpg

picture432hn8.jpg

Expect to pay around two grand for this quality of work.

But then again there are cheaper taxidermists out there...

bca.jpg

:)

Wow , out of this world pictures on those cats . That guy does some great work . I think that last cat was probably done by my old taxidermist , if that even is a cat ?

Thanks for the replies and help. I've got some phone calls to make.

Pete

No, I had that last one done, its my ex mother-in-laws house cat. Very realistic mount, spot on actually. Little mf'er kept pissing on my pillow. hee hee.

Those other mounts are unreal... wow!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

That one cat posed on the couch looked too life-like for my taste. I probably would have crapped my pants if I strolled in the door and my wife says, "Honey look at the kitty cat that followed me into the house today and he is sitting on the couch"
WVBOWAK

mark smart out of great falls, mt does amazing work on life size cats as well. the only thing with going to him is the wait can sometimes be a while.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-11 AT 02:18PM (MST)[p]I used Lonny Travis out of Kansas. He actually acts like he wants the work, and his prices are very reasonable. I paid $600 for mine last year, not sure what his prices are now. Turnaround time was less than 6 months. Shipping was WAY easier than I expected and his packaging was amazing when shipping the completed mount back to me.

Travis Taxidermy . net is his website.

My cat isn't in the class of Wildlife Artist, but I sent him several emails and private messages on the taxidermy forums and he wouldn't ever even reply to me when I asked about doing my cat.

Here's mine.

bobcat3.jpg

It's a Texas cat so it didn't start out as pretty as those beautiful cats pictured above.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom