Bob Costas advocates for gun control

Bob certainly stepped over the line with his anti-gun-culture sentiment.
I thought it was a football show and not his personal platform to vomit out his social preferences.
I believe in free speach but he certainly took advantage of his position on TV.

I like him a whole lot less..... well... now I don't like him at all.

Zeke

Even worse is that he cited an article written by Jason Whitlock as the premise for his rant;trying to make it sound like he was just stating someone else's opinion.NBC should fire him,but they won't because his opinions are right in line with the network's.

>NBC should
>fire him,but they won't because
>his opinions are right in
>line with the network's.

So true!

Did anyone listen to the Dan Patrick show this morning.

Bob went even farther!!! He started off by saying he was just quoting Whitlock and he didn't have time to say what he really feels. He went on about how all semi auto's should be banned from the public. He talked about how we as a gun society can easily justify the death of a football player, and it's never talked about when anyone else is murdered. Gun owners are OK with all that. Gun owners couldn't have stopped the massacre in aurora, CO. If someone was packing they would have caused even more carnage. Then he ended by saying we shouldn't be offended because the first amendment protects him and allows him to say what he wants. How dare we try to censor him.

I haven't tried to censor him. I think he will take care of that on his own.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-12 AT 11:43AM (MST)[p]Bob Costas and other liberals want to ban hand guns. He said the Football player would still be alive if hand guns were banned. What a joke. So Bob, are you saying that the Drug Lords, Pimps, Gang members, etc will hand in their guns to comply with the law. Are people really that stupid?

What an Idiot. I saw that live feed and jaw dropped.

One of my parents was murdered. Murdered with a gun non the less, but do you think I blame the gun?? No! I blame the crazy SOB that used the gun.
The gun didnt kill, the persons violence killed.

If Belcher wanted to kill her, he was going to do it one way or the other. Knife, bare hands, ect. Chose your poison. Does it really matter which weapon he chose? What matters is the violence that led to her death.

I own guns, glad I do. I dont hide it and frankly I think that knowledge by some local morons has kept me and my family safe.

You really wanna breakin or try and hurt someone whom you know is armed?? Shiz no.

I believe if every one of us would write a letter to NBC and Monday Night Football, it might make a difference.
Unfortunately most of us will just complain to each other and NBC will give him a raise for bringing attention to their network!

I am writing a letter right now.

I gave them an earful here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Please go give them feedback. Here is what I said.

I found Bob Costas comments concerning gun control, Offensive, Uneducated, ill timed, and a POOR use of his TV access.

Banning Guns, allows for BAD guys only to have guns. Maybe we should BAN football, since this man certainly would be alive if we did not have the NFL.

Come on Fox Sports, and Bob Costas, wake up!

He had a gun and killed his girlfreind. I don't really care that he killed himself after he murdered her, To me its a none issue. The question I would like to hear ask is ,What would the outcome have been if SHE had had a handgun. Maybe SHE would be alive. Then would the comment be his (gun) ALMOST killed her.As long as the lib's have it guns are the THINGS that kill people, not the sick twisted a$$ hole pulling the trigger.

Here is my feedback:

Bob Costas has overstepped his role as a Football Commentator. His "expertise" is in talking about football, making observations, and asking questions about how "far the Eagles will go" this year...

Bob Costas obviously knows nothing about crime, and more specifically about gun crime in America. He obviously has been spoon fed inaccurate information regarding guns. How can someone claim that anybody would still be alive if an inanimate object was banned..?? No one can. It's as ludicrous as stating that the NFL killed one of it's players... Or did they..? I have lost respect for a once good announcer. And my opinion of NBC as a whole is disappointing.

I would ask for Costas' resignation for speaking out about things that are so blatantly false, and well outside of his scope... If guns are banned, only criminals will have them... And the rest of us can bring our fists to gun fights... Or wait several minutes when we have only seconds to survive...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Costas is a close-minded sheep. He works for a liberal network that supports his and their views. But they are hypocrites. If NBC was truly apposed to guns they wouldn't air a single show on guns or gun violence.

Belcher and his former girlfriend are dead because he was a coward and a nut job. The guns was just a tool used to carry out his rage.

Thanks for the link.

I posted a lengthy and very opinionated response to their feedback page as well, and hope that every sportsman will do the same. It's crap like this in our media that sway the opinions of the sheeple toward the leftwing and gun control.

>Did anyone listen to the Dan
>Patrick show this morning.
>
>Bob went even farther!!! He started
>off by saying he was
>just quoting Whitlock and he
>didn't have time to say
>what he really feels. He
>went on about how all
>semi auto's should be banned
>from the public. He
>talked about how we as
>a gun society can easily
>justify the death of a
>football player, and it's never
>talked about when anyone else
>is murdered. Gun owners are
>OK with all that. Gun
>owners couldn't have stopped the
>massacre in aurora, CO. If
>someone was packing they would
>have caused even more carnage.
>Then he ended by saying
>we shouldn't be offended because
>the first amendment protects him
>and allows him to say
>what he wants. How dare
>we try to censor him.
>
>
>I haven't tried to censor him.
>I think he will take
>care of that on his
>own.

Interesting that he cites his firtst ammendment rights, while pushing for taking away my 2nd ammendment rights. I am always amazed.

"Your just jealous because _____, so you can't know anything!!"

Don't blame Bob Costas, blame the microphone.

If we didn't have microphones, he wouldn't have upset so many people.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

>Don't blame Bob Costas, blame the
>microphone.
>
>If we didn't have microphones, he
>wouldn't have upset so many
>people.
>
>That ain't a camel toe, that's
>a moose knuckle!

So true
Justin

In light of the latest tragedy to hit the NFL community, do you think Bob Costas will take a stance on eliminating vehicles or alcohol?

Attention ethics police: I have been sent here to
destroy you!!

A few years ago there was the story about Sean Taylor of the Redskins. Some armed thugs broke in to his home early one morning and shot him. (he took a hit to the femoral artery). All he had to defend himself with was a machete.

BTW, Bob Costas' home phone/address aren't that hard to find. I sent a letter to his house.

Ya,maybe he should get on the cell phone giants also,in the wrong hands their just as deadly among drivers who feel they need to text and drive also.I bet he's never seen a gravel or dirt road..Refuse to listen to his commentaries anymore!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom