Blue Ribbon Hawg!

TripleK

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-07 AT 05:10PM (MST)[p]Well, the fair was a great time. My guy's pig got a blue ribbon. He weighed in at 312lbs...one of the heavy hogs at the fair. He was a treat to load (ugh! lol) and wasn't very cooperative during Fitting and Showing, but he was great in his market class and did fairly well. He sold for $650 and then my son bawled all the way home. AWWWWWW! I'm sure he'll feel better when that hog check comes in a couple of weeks.

2007_0807CountyFair0003.jpg

2007_0807CountyFair0002.jpg

That's Great. I showed Hogs from the time
I was a kid, until I was a senior in Highschool.

From our little local show to Houston, San Antonio,
Ft. Worth and Waco............

Stock Show's are great fun, great atmosphere, and just
a darned good time.

Should have seen the look on my face when I participated
in the "calf scramble" in the floor of the Astrodome.

Got one though.

Larry

Congrats!!!! Still think you coulda just sliced a leg off porky and let the big guy enjoy his 3 legged pig.

< sad smile>

RUS

The first year I showed hogs a cried like a baby when I sold him.
I got a little attached after spending a couple hours a day for months with Weird Harold, Sweet Pea and Freckles. I found it easier if I didn't name them.

Beefy!!!

THAT IS BESS HAWG!!!

AND THAT IS A BLUE RIBBON!!!

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

so when is it going to be bacon, hog snout and pigs ears for the dogs?.
rm

lve2143 said " That's Great. I showed Hogs from the time
I was a kid, until I was a senior in Highschool.

From our little local show to Houston, San Antonio,
Ft. Worth and Waco............

Stock Show's are great fun, great atmosphere, and just
a darned good time.

Should have seen the look on my face when I participated
in the "calf scramble" in the floor of the Astrodome."

man you brought back the memories with that lve2134. My little local show was in New Braunfels I graduated in 82. What about you?

Congrats TK congrats!!!!

TT,

Tell the young Man that the folks at MM think he did just great. Blue Ribbon, yee haw.

BeanMan

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST JACKMASTER!!!

CAN'T YOU SEE THE BOY IS YOUNG???

KIDS GET ATTATCHED TO ANIMALS/PETS LIKE NO OTHER!!!

I'D ALMOST BET IF YOU GAVE HIM THE CHOICE OF BESS HAWG BACK OR THE 650.00 CHECK HE WOULDN'T THINK TWICE & BE TAKING CARE OF BESS HAWG FOR SEVERAL MORE YEARS!!!

WHEN KIDS LOSE THEIR PETS ITS A TOUGH DEAL,ESPECIALLY YOUNG KIDS!!!

GREAT JOB THERE JR.!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Yeah they get attatched. Just ask Roy. You should've heard him when he sold his first steer. "*sob* *sob* You don't eat your FRIENDS, mom! You just don't eat your friends!!! *sob* *sob*"

BTW, Bess...he chose the $650. He's got his eye on a new bike, but it wasn't an easy choice. I think he'd still like to have that hog back.

Yeah they get attatched. Just ask Roy. You should've heard him when he sold his first steer. "*sob* *sob* You don't eat your FRIENDS, mom! You just don't eat your friends!!! *sob* *sob*"

Who says you don't eat your friends Mom!! Only if she is cooked right.
As for me I had a pet lamb. Got ran over!
My cozzin had a pet goat. He forgot he had it tied to the bumper of his car. In the morning he was late for school. Hopped in his car drove to school. Not much left of the goat. They called him on the P.A. and told him to please come to the office. And go take care of his goat.

Congrats on the hog!! That is kewl

Rutnbuck

RUT! He was a 9 year old kid when he said that!! LOL He hadn't discovered his little "friend" next door yet ok?? ;-)

LOL you crack me up!

That's kinda gross about the goat...didn't he have a tree in the yard or a fence or something else to tie him up to?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-07 AT 09:52AM (MST)[p]some of the funnist time was at the State fair showing diary cow's for a friend( it was part of the job), sure did met alot of girls there, I know that you guys had a ball staying at the fair. We use to sleep in the barns with the cows on cots in a stall( bunch of sick people)no trailers, but it sure was fun back then. Still remember winning the Purple with a Cow called "Pabst Blue Ribbon" best of show and top milker of the year.
You have alot of great times in front of you with your kids all them the right ages to enjoy that kind of livestyle.
Great job on the porker, hope he enjoys the new bike.

Great looking kid. Looks like you did a nice job of getting that hog ready for the fair also.

Brings back memories when I was in 4H.

Congrats.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-07 AT 09:41AM (MST)[p]Congrats Karter! Jenn - you tell that boy that is OK to cry over your first stock show animal. They ARE your friends and it is hard to let them go. Showing emotion appropriately is the first step towards manhood!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-07 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]I let him cry about it and pout for a DAY. Now, I'm over it and he should be too. Move on....it's just a pig. He's feeling a bit better about though. He's excited about getting money for the pig and he's already picking out a new bike (after he pays tithing and puts money back for next year's hogs).

He wants a mountain bike and I'm fighting with his dad about where to buy it. He wants him to buy a less expensive Wal-Mart bike. I refuse to buy a cheap Wal-Mart bike especially when my friend, Troy, owns the local bike shop. I'd rather support Troy and I love the service we get there. He'll give Karter the Mtn. Biking 101 lesson and anytime Karter has a question or a problem, he knows he can go to Troy for an answer. Also, he's got great, high quality bikes and this kid is hard on a bike. He's already put alot of miles on the one he's got (and he's had it 4 years) and it's still in great shape. And I expect this one to last him alot longer than that.

I'll glady pay 75-100 bucks more for Troy's service and quality and just to support my local little guy. Screw Wal-Mart. I avoid that place like the plague. I WILL win this arguement....what am I talking about? I always win.... ;-)

He also had football camp Friday and Saturday, Roy. He LOVED it. We've got a linebacker in the making here. He's a big kid and he hits hard. Can't wait for this football season. Is Kayson playing full pads this year?

Jenn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom