Blind dates... what happened to you?

feddoc

Long Time Member
Kinda curious, for those of you who have had blind dates, got any interesting stories to tell?

Most of mine, all of them in the past these days 'cuz my wife is against them, turned out ok. Except for one. I got set up with this girl I met through a good (female) friend. Talked to her on the phone a few times, then decided to fly to Portland to meet her and my friend. Things went very well. We eventually became a couple. Then I finally figured out she had forged my name to a credit card application and had made a movie with another man.

So, what is your story?

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Nothing too dramatic here. I had an uncle that kept trying to set me up on a blind date with a girl in his neighborhood. He was constantly telling me how good looking she was, and his two boys verified that she was pretty much the cutest girl in their vicinity. I talked to her on the phone several times before we actually set up a date and time for our date. Long story short, we never went out. Two years later, I was married to my wife and on a chance visit to my uncles house, this girl shows up to see my cousin. I had never seen her before, so I didnt know who she was. After she leaves, my uncle tells me that she was the one he was trying to set me up with before I met my wife. She definitely could have been counted as the prettiest girl in the neighborhood, if she was the only girl that lived in it. She easily would have been the least attractive girl I ever went out with.

I took a gal out on a blind date once and in the middle of dinner she wanted to show me how she could hold her fork with her toes and eat!!!! A few drinks later I put her back on the Ferry and headed out with the boys!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

My best friend wanted to set me up with his cousin. I fought it for a year or so, and finally gave in. Ended up marrying that cute little blonde. So we in turn got him back by setting him up with his wife.

Remember I'm old and have been married 35 years so this was a while ago. I grew up in Iowa a couple years out of high school a girl I went to high school with asked me if I'd go on a blind date with her friend. Normally not a real good idea usually means her friend is ugly however the girl that asked me was the daughter of the CEO of Sperry Rand Corporation and I was desperate for goose hunting land. Since they owned most of the land around Desoto National Wildlife Refugee a deal was struck.

Yep the girl was not attractive and overweight but the goose hunting was unbelievable. I put in a blind in 3 different fields and killed over 100 geese that year. It was worth it, a wedding that had good food on the date a good bye handshake and killing geese for the whole season.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-12 AT 04:04PM (MST)[p]Not really a blind date.... more of a first date. Met this girl and one of her friends at a truck stop/diner in Cheyenne on the way back from turkey hunting one spring. Not a place I'd like to leave the wife.

Anyway, we must have BS'd for 2 hours, talking very openly about a lot of different things. She asked me if I liked 3-somes, which didn't surprise me as the direction of the conversation was a bit R-rated or worse towards the end. I told her I did but in all honestly I never had been in one up to that point. Liquor will make a brave man out of a coward. I know, I know, you are thinking this is like a Penthouse forum letter. Not to spoil the surprise but it don't quite end that way. Anyway we make plans to meet at her apt. over on the east side (what a dump) a few days later. I knock on her door, just expecting we'd go out for a bite and BS some more. Sex was the last thing on my mind. OK, not the last but I was at least thinking maybe at the end of the night depending how the date went. 5 minutes later another knock on the door. Its her ex-boyfriend. Very awkward, at least for me. She asks me if we want to go in the bedroom or on the living room floor. Huh? It took me a couple seconds to realize the 3-some she had in mind consisted of me, her and the eX. I don't even remember what I said but it didn't take me long to get out of there.

My wife knows the story and everytime we drive by there she laughs and makes a comment about dueling hotdogs.

LMAO F'dude! Rugburn would love to know you have experience playing tummy sticks, lol! That's what you get for picking up lot lizards.

Only been on one blind date myself. Pretty uneventful. She turned out to be a sweat hog, we got drunk, yada yada yada... I never called her back.

Well back about 1961 or maybe 62 not sure but a friend from my home town had asked a couple of other guys if they would go on a blind date with a friend of his girl friend from SF. Yea, good old SF. They all said no, so Marv came and asked me if I would go on this date with the other gal.
My first question was, what does she look like? Marv said he did not know the girl but that his gal said she was cute.....yea they all say that.
After awhile Marv said he would pick up the "tab" for dinner etc. just to make his gal happy on her Prom Night. I told him I don't want to dress up and he said neither did he, said we could take our suits and put them in the trunk and go anyway and hope that she would give up and just go out.
Not a fat chance after getting down there on Sat. night to her house in SF. She was furious and said to Marv, you better get a SUIT and fast or you won't like what I am going to say.
She asked me where my suit was and I said I don't own one and she was PO'ed and fuming.

Marv came back to me and said, we need to go get our suits out of the trunk and get dressed or she is going to dump me and never speak to me again. I told him there are others available, but he was having nothing to do with that. So we get our suits and got dressed and waited for this other gal to show up that was to be my "blind date". Not too long after this the doorbell rang and Marv's girl opened the door and in walked this dark hair girl with a long white coat. When she turned around and was introduced to me I think my tongue was hanging out as she was a real knockout Oriental gal.
We left and went to their HS for the dance and when we got inside and the two gals removed their coats. As I was helping her with the coat, I was standing behind her and when I saw that white skin tight gown and her firm "hiney", I elbowed Marv and he dropped his gals coat...LOL
We had a good time dancing for awhile and then left for Fishermans Warf for something to eat, the gals wanted to go there.
Ended the night when we took my date home and said goodnight. I asked her if I could call her another time and go out and she told me, no I was taking a chance going out with you as her ex-boyfriend would be watching her after he finds out she went to her prom without him.
Oh well, that was the only blind date I ever went on and I was not disapointed at all other than not being able to see her again. Wherever you are Christine Villamore, you were a BEAUTIFUL PERSON.

Never have forgotten her name after all these years.

Turns out that Marv and his gal broke up a year later I heard.
Oh, as for the other friends of mine that turned down the date offer, I told them what she looked like and they were upset...teach them to not go.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

my uncle hooked me up with a girl a few years ago and i think she fell in love with my truck. went through the dairy queen drive through and a bunch of kids where yelling stupid stuff at me so i hit the ol gas pedal and they dissapeared in a huge cloud of smoke. everytime we hooked she always asked if i was going to pick her up with my truck

never had one. heck i never even had a girlfriend. talk about the dorkiest mm looser huh! guess qtpie musta felt sorry for me when she saw me in college. good gawd what was she thinking?

I agreed to go on a "blind date" when I was in Hi school.....If I was actually blind, it might have been OK.

She was GHASTLY.....but she could do marvelous things.

I can't get into the details, but, did you ever have a horse eat oats out of your hand?

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-12 AT 12:29PM (MST)[p]Kilo, nickman, Feleno - you guys are killing me!!

This could go down as one of the classic all time threads.

In college I got hooked up on a blind date with a friend's girlfriend's friend. The first date was a group date so there wasn't a lot of pressure. She was cute, a little more round than is socially acceptable but not grotesquely obese either. She had a great personality and seemed pretty smart, I actually enjoyed being around her and we dated pretty hard for 3 weeks - then her Prozac prescription ran out. After that - welcome to the FUN HOUSE!! What a nightmare. She started getting really upset that after 3 weeks I hadn't proposed to her. One night she fixed dinner and I complimented her gravy and said "I'll bet this would be good with white gravy too" - sent her in to 3 day depression. I was busy with school and work - too busy to play her psycho games and stopped paying as much attention to her. I thought she would see the writing on the wall, but no, things were starting to spin out of control - fast. Well I was getting sick of it and then one day I called her to see if we could meet and talk, no answer. Went over to her house, she wasn't there and her roommates wouldn't tell me where she was. I got the thought that maybe she had went to see a friend in Logan (from Cedar City) so I called her friend (whom I also knew previously) and she was there, hoping I would drop everything and rush up there and "save her". Dumped her right there on the phone, told her "goodbye" and had the biggest rush of relief in my whole life. Didn't stop her from driving all the way back down to Cedar in a snow storm, bawling all the way, to try and save it. She was real pissed and I watched my back pretty carefully for a few months. The next girl I went out with turned out to be the right one though. Been married to her for 16 years now.

Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom