Blaze orange ghillie suit?

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Does anyone make a blaze orange ghillie vest or suit? Due to the shadows and 3-d look it would create, seems like it would be better than solid blaze orange vests. And would a blaze orange ghillie suit be legal where "solid" blaze orange is required?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Tx,
I can see your point but what's the big deal? Hunter orange, when covered by brush and shadows, is just like camo to the critters.
I would suspect that a ghillie suit in orange would qualify in areas requiring solid orange. Afterall, it would be a solid color, right?
The other silly thing about the orange law is you must don your orange and then you may crawl into your fully camo blind. Weird!
Good luck in your search,
Zeke

If it turns out to be legal (have a Colorado CPW guy checking) I may try and build my own. Got lots of extra orange material to build a vest from. I would thinking making my own "leafy" blaze orange, that would create shadows and fluttering leaves and might gain me a few years on my muzzy hunt this fall.

txhunter58

For better or worse, the law enforcement division says that a blaze orange ghillie is NOT legal. Oh well.

txhunter58

I think people over think it. A ghillie suit makes sense in some combat situations when you might be discovered by someone with binocular vision (depth perception), full range of color vision, and perhaps optics. My experience with deer, elk and antelope (as well as, to a lesser extent, canines) is that a 'blobbish' form will usually catch attention. If the blob remains absolutely still, game is probably on. If the blob moves, the odds quickly stack against you. Those who wear bland solids that are different shades (top and bottom) are probably less likely to stand out than one pattern of camo head to toe. The smaller the pattern, the more likely you are to get the blob effect. Many of my closest game encounters have been while wearing plain color earth tone pants and a plaid top. Larger patterns are better, if you are going to wear a pattern. In the end though, movement will get you pegged. Of course, the wind will betray regardless of any and all other efforts...

Deerslayer may be right about the jury, but it would be an expensive experience to test out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom