Blast from the past.

Long Time Member
Here is an old photo of my grandad in Ord Nebraska, 1935.

540520141224_190148.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Third from the left with the tan hunting vest on. It was an interesting glimpse of the greatest generation. A day out hunting and at least a couple are wearing neck ties. I loved that man dearly and it was a real treat to come across this photograph. Any idea on that car kilo? Near as I can tell it has suicide doors.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The way they have the Yotey displayed is a classic!:D

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

I had an old shell vest like that back in the 60's:) I also have a Model 12 that was used here locally by a waterfowl market hunter back around that time period. It's just a wall hanger, but pretty neat.

Quite the mixed bag. I think I even see a Peregrine Falcon. That must be where you learned to hunt 1911?

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Great pic 45
Grandad was an amazing man with wonderful stories, and he always treated me as if I was one of his very own kids.....loved him dearly !!!

NICE PIC..........BUT DID THEY REALLY HUNT WITH NECK TIES & BOW TIES ON BACK THEN. I HAVE NEVER WORN A TIE WHILE HUNTING....................YD.

>
> NICE PIC..........BUT DID THEY
>REALLY HUNT WITH NECK TIES
>& BOW TIES ON BACK
>THEN. I HAVE
>NEVER WORN A TIE WHILE
>HUNTING....................YD.

That's back in the days when men had class and dressed up ...I'm sure because of the pic they put one on to be proper ...grand dad always had on a bolo tie

I AM DOUBTFUL ON THE CLASS THING,.... BUT I DO BELIEVE THAT WAS THE DRESS OF THE DAY RIGHT BEFORE THEY WENT TO WORK..........................(MORNING HUNT)...............YD.

Everyone I know from that era to early 70s had manners and respect for things ...can't speak for all of them but the ones I know !!!

>
> I AM DOUBTFUL ON
>THE CLASS THING,.... BUT I
>DO BELIEVE THAT WAS THE
>DRESS OF THE DAY RIGHT
>BEFORE THEY WENT TO WORK..........................(MORNING
>HUNT)...............YD.

That may be true YD. However, many of them went to work dressed that way to build the Hoover Dam, aquaducts, or in the case here, blue collar work on the Union Pacific. They had Pride in what they did and Pride in how they looked. You must be talking tongue in cheek because I know you are old enough to understan this dichotomy of years gone by. People dressed up to ride in an airplane for Pete sake.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The shotgun the old boy is holding looks like a model 29 Remington. They only made 12K of them & I have one. Pretty cool old gun. I inherited it from my Dad. The only shotgun he ever owned.

Those with ties on could be right after church services as I have seen some old b/w pictures before like that.

1911...yes it does have the suicide doors but the roof line does not look like a FORD so it possible could be a dodge or chevy mayb in the 33-34 era....just too hard to tell without a look at the front or rear end of car.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom