Black Swarovski's?

R

RJ

Can anyone tell me whats up with the black swarovski's? Looking to pick up a pair but the seller said they were black and I had never seem those before.

Thanks.

Used to be you could buy black or green SLC's, but the black were discontinued a few years ago. Same glass, same great quality, same warranty.

foreman
I haven't read more than a small blurb on the swaro website. Can you give me a quick rundown of their warranty, and how it works with used glass? I know that different brands have completely different policies when it comes to buying used optics. Thanks in advance and sorry of hijacking the thread.

Stay away from the older all black or all lime green Swarovski SLC's as it is hard to tell if they have the new lens or prism coatings. The SLC was upgraded a couple of times.'

First time was when they went from silver to the better diaelectric (swarobright) prism coatings, some of the last all black or all lime green SLC's had it but the only way to know is by serial number research with Swarovski.

2nd time they were upgraded-3 or so years ago they improved the lens quality and improved the lens coatings (NEU model). A year or so later they added the easy clean external lens coatings.

Now they have came out with a new HD slc in 8 and 10x42.

Nothig wrong with a pre swarobright SLC as long as you are getting a great deal on it.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-10 AT 12:55PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the info. I picked a pair that had been used a handful of times over a couple of years for $1100. Can't wait to use them this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom