Black Rifles

eelgrass

Long Time Member
It's probably just me.......:)

I think people who feel the need to buy a military style semi-auto for self defense are a little strange. Those rifles cost a lot of money, and you can only shoot one bullet at a time. I admit, they look cool, and they put a smile on my face when I see one.

My way of thinking is that any self defense situation will probably be up close and personal. That's why I opt for the 5 shot pump 12 gauge. It can also double as my bird hunting gun.

If I get into a sniper situation I can always grab any number of rifles I own.

I would also go this route if I felt the need to defend myself from the government, as guaranteed under the 2nd Ammendment.

I don't care what you buy, that's your choice, and you should be free to buy what you want. If you want to buy it just for fun, that's fine too.

Now I hear there is a big run on high capacity clips. It makes me shake my head. A case of 12 gauge shells (250) is about $100, no back order.

Eel

I understand what you're saying. But for me it's as simple as, the guns are available and if I want to own one, I don't believe that someone should be able to say, "No you can't".

Guns are just a progress of technology, more effective killing machines than spears and swords. Can you imagine if we didn't have guns, the gruesome killings that would occur with swords and machetes?

Do you remember during the riots in LA during the earky 90's? I remember seeing people on their roof Tops holding ar 15 type rifles defending their businesses. Self defense does not only mean your personal life but can mean you, your family, your business etc. there is real evil in this world. Not only that but those black guns can be incredibly accurate and fun to shoot. They are not just for killing people.

I would agree with you on the 12 guage though. They sure can make a mess!

Strip away the pretty, or ugly, outside of a gun, the internal functions are about the same in any gun. If it looks like a military weapon, it must be able to kill something deader than a normal looking gun. Once the foot is in the door, the next step will be all semi-autos, then anything with a magazine, high powered rifles.... on and on. Yep, I'm paranoid. Liberals want us all to be happy, and be able to protect ourselves, and hunt, and kill our own meat. They have been fighting to help us keep these rights for a long time now. WAKE UP!!

I'm with Eel on this one.
I don't own any black rifles nor do i ever plan one getting one, they just simply are not my gig.
If i want a military type assault weapon, i want a .50 BMG or a .338 Lapua!
But.......having said that, if we let them get a foot in the door by taking away black rifles, they'll eventually chip away at them all!
Say "No" to proposition Obama!!

Eel,
Not arguing Your choice of weapons for protecting what is Yours. I am a longtime fan of the "riot gun". That said, in trained hands the patrol carbine or pistol is a better option in tight quarters and is actually less likely to cause injuries to unintended victims if utilized properly and loaded with appropriate ammo. If You choose a shotgun for home protection do a little research on what loads to utilize. Buck is to much if You are concerned about penetration into other rooms. I would suggest 5's or 6's. Also the length of the shotgun if not properly outfitted makes it difficult to maneuver in tight quarters, around corners and through doors.

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

I have a MAK90 (chinese knock off of a AK47) and 4 30 round clips. I bought this gun in the 90's just for fun (ammo was real cheap then) so I don't begrudge anyone owning one. However in the last few years we have seen several mass murders using these types of weapons.

I believe the nut cases that are using these guns have played one too many video games. The last straw for me was the little kids in Conn. If we are going to limit these types of crimes I believe it will require a combination of several actions including limiting access to hi-cap magazines.

I don't think Obama had any intention of screwing with the 2nd ammendment but this last event backed him into a corner. Immagine the outcry if he did nothing.

Bobcat, you're wrong, I absolutely do not support gun control but I do see the need for some action.

Let's see how this plays out before we start going after each other. We are all sportsmen after all.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Slick,
I am no expert on the MAK 90, though I am familiar with the type 56 and it's variants. Your weapon was most likely manufactured by Norinco or one of the "state" factories. I believe this variant began production in 1990 thus it's designation. Good weapon, hang on to it. People have given the AK a bad rap in regard to it's accuracy potential. It is plenty accurate.
I do not believe a ban on "high capacity" or "assault weapons" will have any success in reducing violent crime/shootings in our country. There are numerous areas in our country that have "tough" gun control laws. These areas continue to have the highest rates of violence/shootings. The clinton ban was a failure as was the prediction by the "experts" prior to it's being implemented. "Gun free" zones have also proven to be failures. Trust me, our schools are not "gun free". Bangers have weapons available at all times and our schools are full of them. Again, laws are only followed by those who choose to do so, the "good" citizen. Criminals don't care about laws. Never have, never will.
Obama and the libs have been waiting for an opportunity/incident so they could introduce "new" anti-gun legislation. obama will attack our Rights, not just the Second Amendment. Think back to obama's first campaign, he and pelosi stated they would "fundamentally change" our country as we know it. Well, they are on their way. The parasites now outnumber the hosts, to borrow a quote, we have more people in the wagon than we have pulling it. That is the problem with our Republic. The people that want everything for nothing will vote for the POS that will give it to them. Sorry, different soap box. Anyhow I do not believe more laws are the answer. I was pleased to hear the NRA come out with a plan close to what I have suggested for years. U.S. citizens have a very hard time dealing with violence, we tend to want to live in the land of warm and fuzzy and make-believe. Unfortunately the only way to stop violence is to meet it head-on with violence. Note I did not say prevent violence as that would require a cultural change, and that takes years. I realize my views are extreme, however they are learned behaviors.

Norkal

Thanks for the thoughtful replies. I was very fortunate many years ago to experience what it's like to shoot a Vietnam era fully automatic M-16. I gotta admit it was awesome! Just touch the trigger and before I could let up I had fired 4 rounds. With a little practice it would be deadly beyond belief. The owner offered to sell it to me for $90. Way more money than I could scrape up at the time.

Eel

>Do you remember during the riots
>in LA during the earky
>90's? I remember seeing
>people on their roof Tops
>holding ar 15 type rifles
>defending their businesses. Self
>defense does not only mean
>your personal life but can
>mean you, your family, your
>business etc. there is
>real evil in this world.
> Not only that but
>those black guns can be
>incredibly accurate and fun to
>shoot. They are not
>just for killing people.
>
>I would agree with you on
>the 12 guage though.
>They sure can make a
>mess!

It was Korean shopkeepers for the most part.

>I have a MAK90 (chinese knock
>off of a AK47) and
>4 30 round clips. I
>bought this gun in the
>90's just for fun (ammo
>was real cheap then) so
>I don't begrudge anyone owning
>one. However in the last
>few years we have seen
>several mass murders using these
>types of weapons.
>
>I believe the nut cases that
>are using these guns have
>played one too many video
>games. The last straw for
>me was the little kids
>in Conn. If we are
>going to limit these types
>of crimes I believe it
>will require a combination of
>several actions including limiting access
>to hi-cap magazines.
>
>I don't think Obama had any
>intention of screwing with the
>2nd ammendment but this last
>event backed him into a
>corner. Immagine the outcry if
>he did nothing.
>
>Bobcat, you're wrong, I absolutely do
>not support gun control but
>I do see the need
>for some action.
>
>Let's see how this plays out
>before we start going after
>each other. We are all
>sportsmen after all.
>
>Slick
>
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

Slick, if you are interested in saving the children by the numbers, I would suggest you seek out bans on liquor and swimming pools before you surrender your Second Amendment rights. If you are condensing this down to saving life, the numbers pale in comparison.

The Second Amendment is nothing more than a check and balance of power the people have against the government. As noble as your intentions may be, restrictions of a free armed people may be met with severe, unintended consequences.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The AWB of 94 did little. http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.1/gun_facts_6_1_press.pdf

In 1994, before the Federal ?assault weapons ban,? you were eleven (11) times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an ?assault weapon.?358F 359

In the first year after the ban was lifted, murders declined 3.6%, and violent crime 1.7%.359F 360

Nationally, ?assault weapons? were used in 1.4% of crimes involving firearms and 0.25% of all violent crime before the enactment of any national or state ?assault weapons? ban. The rate is less than 0.1% In many major urban areas (San Antonio, Mobile, Nashville, etc.) as well as some some entire states (Maryland, New Jersey, etc.).360F 361

Even weapons misclassified as ?assault weapons? (common in the former Federal and California ?assault weapons? confiscations) are used in less than 1% of all homicides.361F 362

Police reports show that ?assault weapons? are a non-problem:
For California:
? Los Angeles: In 1998, of 538 documented gun incidents, only one (0.2%) involved an ?assault weapon.?
? San Francisco: In 1998, only 2.2% of confiscated weapons were ?assault weapons.?
? San Diego: Between 1988 and 1990, only 0.3% of confiscated weapons were ?assault weapons.?
? ?I surveyed the firearms used in violent crimes...assault-type firearms were the least of our worries.?362F 363

357 It is worth noting that there are numerous different ?legal? definitions of ?assault weapons?. A report from the
Legal Community Against Violence showed no fewer than eight jurisdictions, anywhere from 19 to 75 banned
firearms, six differing generic classification schemes and several legal systems for banning more firearms without
specific legislative action. In other words, an ?assault weapon? is whatever a politician deems it to be.

358 Small Arms Identification and Operations Guide, U.S. Department of Defense. The exact statement from their
manual is ?short, compact, select-fire weapons that fires a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun
and rifle cartridges.?

359 FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, 1994

360 FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, Preliminary Summary, 2004

361 Targeting Guns, Gary Kleck, Aldine Transaction, 1997, compilation of 48 metropolitan police departments from
1980-1994

362 FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, 1993

363 S.C. Helsley, Assistant Director DOJ Investigation and Enforcement Branch, California, October 31, 1988

you know whats odd..is that all the reports were that all the shooting was done with two handguns and a bushmaster was found in the trunk of the car..now the AR is the primary weapon? how convenient.

MSM is so full of chit and spin it makes me want to puke.

Dawg.. the asswipe shot 26 people multiple times with a couple of hand guns?

Nork.. you obviously are way more articulate than I am. But I respectfully disagree with the only way to stop violence is with violence. It is starting to feel like the extream right wants to move toward a police state.

onenineroneone.. when did I ever say we need to abolish the 2nd ammendment? All I'm talking about is the possibility of keeping high round magazines out of the hands of these creepy kids living out fantasies. Nothing more!

Slick

>Dawg.. the asswipe shot 26 people
>multiple times with a couple
>of hand guns?
>
>Nork.. you obviously are way more
>articulate than I am. But
>I respectfully disagree with the
>only way to stop violence
>is with violence. It is
>starting to feel like the
>extream right wants to move
>toward a police state.
>
>onenineroneone.. when did I ever say
>we need to abolish the
>2nd ammendment? All I'm talking
>about is the possibility of
>keeping high round magazines out
>of the hands of these
>creepy kids living out fantasies.
>Nothing more!
>
>Slick
>the Party never Ends"

Well slick!

You & Your Buddy Jumped the Gun!

Both of you Quick to Blame something before you knew what the Facts were!

JUDAS F'N PRIEST!

If I had Listened!
I wouldn't be here today Living & Dieing with the Choices I've made!

Guess you got the inside scoop bcd.. I'm all ears.. let's hear the real story.

Slick

The People demanding our Black Rifles or High Cap Mags just want these as a start. They also want your Elk Rifle and your Target pistol or the one you conceal when you go to that shady part of town. Make no mistake all it will take is the small things we give up for them to demand more until we have nothing more to give. John

slick has a hard time with Understanding it!

Why?

I don't know?

Your Deer Gun holds more than 3 Rounds,Hand them guns in too slick!

If I had Listened!
I wouldn't be here today Living & Dieing with the Choices I've made!

>slick has a hard time with
>Understanding it!
>
>Why?
>
>I don't know?
>
>Your Deer Gun holds more than
>3 Rounds,Hand them guns in
>too slick!
>
>
>
>If I had Listened!
>I wouldn't be here today Living
>& Dieing with the Choices
>I've made!

If you count the one in the chamber bcb. I'm not turning anything in nor have I been ask to. Must be a b!tch living in fear everyday.

By the way tell JB I logged out of chatzy so's it won't log me in all the time. Always thought it was a good place to B/S with friends.. guess not.

Slick

you can ban and make it illegal to own a black gun or have a high count magazin, and it won't do a thing to stop gun violence.

last time I checked, marijuana is illegal, and look how many people use it?

the only people that will be hurt by gun control, are people that need guns.

Criminal, crazy people do not obey laws. It's that ******** simple.

Taking away high capacity mags is like taking away forks from Opra and Rosie. Criminals will just carry more clips and fatty's will find another way to eat.

How about we take on the real issues instead of passing stupid laws that do not prevent anything.

Slick,
It isn't the Right that is looking to turn our country into a "police state". The right just does not want anyone treading on our Rights. It is the left that wants to take the guns. In a police state the people are not allowed to own firearms, just the government. Having armed staff at our schools has nothing to do with a police state. In a police state the armed are there to control the citizens, not protect them.

Norkal

>you know whats odd..is that all
>the reports were that all
>the shooting was done with
>two handguns and a bushmaster
>was found in the trunk
>of the car..now the AR
>is the primary weapon? how
>convenient.
>
>MSM is so full of chit
>and spin it makes me
>want to puke.

For a brief moment in time in the beginning I heard that as well.

Slick, I can pull the trigger on my Glock just as fast as my brother's AR. With a couple of clips in my pocket, it's not that hard.
It doesn't have shiznut to do with Black rifles or high mag clips, it has to do with an agenda.

>Dawg.. the asswipe shot 26 people
>multiple times with a couple
>of hand guns?
>

Yes..Why is that so hard to believe? Not too many ninja's in the 1st grade to stop him.The MSM twisted it to their agenda, what were the frikken odds?

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

No outcry about that tho..Protected by the 1st amendment..the irony

Furthermore i have my doubts about there even being an AR in the car, video showed a frikken shotgun..Also have my doubts about 4 handguns..The POS libs will twist this story anyway they can..But hey, its all about the kids right?

Only thing libs understand about capitalism, Let no "good" (in their eyes) tragedy go without pushing the agenda. I posted that the AR was in the truck of the car before, to many just fall in with the hype the media push. Wonder what video games were found at his house? wonder what was on his pc?,Did he keep a diary? All we know about this POS is what the POS media wants us to know. Eventually we will start to hear how he had a very troubled childhood,was picked on in school,saw his mama naked,was shunned by the women he loved,blaw blaw blaw blaw. God help the victims families and God help us all.

I agree with slick all the way. There is obvious problems with the way things are now. Allowing more people more guns is not the answer unless you're an idiot. You never hear of gun companys trying to keep guns out of certain peoples hands so the government will obviously be stepping in.

The sky is falling!

WOW!

If it ain't another Weak Reply by Zigga!

STFU Zigga!

Biggest Problem is SUCK-ASS Limp Wristed Libs like Yourself!

STFU Zigga!

You wanna hand your Guns in Zigga get TF after it,it's your Choice but don't f with others Choices!

Did I say STFU Zigga?

So?
You think you wanna take My Hi- Capacity Magazines & Assault Rifles Huh?
Just Try taking My American Pride/Rights!

It's been a long hard ride
And I won't lose hope
This is still the place
That we all call home

There was a time when the men and women of this country didnt look to the government to take care of their every need.Its good to see a few of those people still exist.

Cut from another site..

"I just cracked up when I saw today's local paper. Headline: Teachers line up for gun class. I love Utah!!

In Utah, anyone with a concealed carry permit can legally carry a firearm in a public school.

So I guess the people decided on a solution they like. At least three CCW instructors are giving free or nearly free CCW classes to public school employees. One had 200 slots fill up fast. The other didn't give any numbers, but he's a state Representative. Larry Corriea, another local says he has already trained hundreds of school employees.

No potential shooter knows who has the heat, no taxpayer money is being spent, and no government agency is organizing or sponsoring the program. It's just people who saw a problem and decided to take action."

Of course there is no guarantee that an armed school employee will stop a school shooting. But it will do a hell of a lot more than banning guns.

Eel---I am with you on a self-defense shotgun...I have a Bennelli M-4 with extension tube.....when I unload that I won't have a two-story house left standing....but if I'm outside..that's a different story...

>>slick has a hard time with
>>Understanding it!
>>
>>Why?
>>
>>I don't know?
>>
>>Your Deer Gun holds more than
>>3 Rounds,Hand them guns in
>>too slick!
>>
>>
>>
>>If I had Listened!
>>I wouldn't be here today Living
>>& Dieing with the Choices
>>I've made!
>
>If you count the one in
>the chamber bcb. I'm not
>turning anything in nor have
>I been ask to. Must
>be a b!tch living in
>fear everyday.
>
>By the way tell JB I
>logged out of chatzy so's
>it won't log me in
>all the time. Always thought
>it was a good place
>to B/S with friends.. guess
>not.
>
>Slick
>
>
>the Party never Ends"

your access has NOT changed Rus...maybe you've just gotten too senile to remember how to get in....

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

>There was a time when the
>men and women of this
>country didnt look to the
>government to take care of
>their every need.

Aint that the truth! And there was a time Government didn't feel the need to try to control every aspect of living in America!

>Aint that the truth! And there
>was a time Government didn't
>feel the need to try
>to control every aspect of
>living in America!

What??? Since when can American's use common sense and be responsible for their actions? That is crazy talk...

>Eel---I am with you on a
>self-defense shotgun...I have a Bennelli
>M-4 with extension tube.....when I
>unload that I won't have
>a two-story house left standing....but
>if I'm outside..that's a different
>story...

agreed on the shotgun. love my 870 tactical. i went a little crazy on the 00 buck!! ha ha. couldn't resist. got about 1/2 of what i'd like stored up:)

3011001.jpg

Men are only truly free when their government is afraid of them.......

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

>>Eel---I am with you on a
>>self-defense shotgun...I have a Bennelli
>>M-4 with extension tube.....when I
>>unload that I won't have
>>a two-story house left standing....but
>>if I'm outside..that's a different
>>story...
>
>agreed on the shotgun. love my
>870 tactical. i went a
>little crazy on the 00
>buck!! ha ha. couldn't resist.
>got about 1/2 of what
>i'd like stored up:)
>

Good heavens deepforks, i don't think i even own that many boxes of 22LR!!
>
3011001.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom