black or white?

WELL......AS STATED/ AND ACCEPTED ON THE OPRAH SHOW.... THE COMMON THOUGHT PATTERN OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY IS IF YOU HAVE ONE TRAIT OR EVEN A DROP OF BLACK BLOOD IN YOU ALONG THE WAY....YOUR BLACK....YD.

Good point YD - but it is not just a perception among the black community but is a common perception among the majority of white society as well that dates back to the inception of miscegenation the world over and especially in America dating back to colonial times with the arrival of the first blacks from Africa and other parts of the world (mainly the Caribbean). The "single drop of blood" policy was an official royal policy used against the Sephardic Jews and the islamic Moors during the Spanish Inquisition. It was used as a measuring tool to decide the worth of slaves in the Americas as well and has actually been the basis of discrimination against blacks and mulattoes in the US since before the civil war. Now it is used as a racial politic by both sides of the racial divide. However as mainstream white society is more and more accepting of race it has become less and less a factor in discrimination, at least on its face, though it continues to be a dividing factor especially to those of mixed heritage.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-08 AT 06:10PM (MST)[p]He's black genius's, just look at him.......

JB

I hate to inform you of this but blacks are known for playing basketball and football. Its usually really dorky looking white guys that are the good bowlers.

I would hope that it doesn't really matter either way.

On the other hand, his agenda sucks...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom