Bitter Creek/McCook Ridge Elk

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I have a cow Elk tag and I'm hunting the first week of December. Is that a rough time to find the elk there in December?
I would appreciate any input.
D.M.

was down there today seen about 230 head of elk but they where down seep ridge road where the compressor and old snow plow sit and in PR springs

Just wondering how many points did it take you to draw the cow tag. I believe they only give out 22 tags. I have two after this year.

Thanks

You shouldn't have too many problems finding elk out there at that time. They were all over McCook Ridge, should also be down lower as well. Good luck.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I have seen elk on McCook from the Northern point on the 2 Waters DWR property all the way to the divide. Just spend some time looking around and you will find some. I know during the spike hunt I could have killed several cows from the road.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Tuesday night I saw a group of cows standing in one of the ponds on the North end of McCook Ridge almost to the DWR 2 Waters property.

Dax

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-12 AT 10:25AM (MST)[p]I was going to camp near the southern end of McCook Ridge near Chipeta Canyon. Sounds like a few elk are around. I'm leaving in two days. I hope to see some bucks still chasing Does too.

That was quick! Good work.

Dax

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom